Author Topic: Dual class not working  (Read 472 times)

Offline KTG

Re: Dual class not working
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2017, 05:26:27 PM »
There is a caveat, that while the change appears to be working correctly, what happens when the second class surpasses the first class, that has not been worked out yet.
  as getting the abilities of both classes is the whole point of dual classing, I'll wait until that is working before resuming testing.  Let me know when it's all working and I'll take a look.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: Dual class not working
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2017, 06:02:51 PM »
There is a caveat, that while the change appears to be working correctly, what happens when the second class surpasses the first class, that has not been worked out yet.
  as getting the abilities of both classes is the whole point of dual classing, I'll wait until that is working before resuming testing.  Let me know when it's all working and I'll take a look.

Well, for CRPG players, it is, but not as much in the p & p, though of course that certainly was the goal of some players. i've read that E.G.G. had to be talked into allowing this, as he only HP and ability bonuses to carry over He didn't like the idea that someone owuld play a ranger to start, just so they oculd dual class as a magic user that could eventually wear armor. :)

Indeed, Paul and I are still working on this, and when we are done, it will be very scriptable and scripted. ;)