Poll

Read the explanation below, vote and comment: Do you think it's a good idea?

Yes, such a collection would be a great help for designers.
16 (88.9%)
I like the idea of collecting the required info for importing walls but we don't need a collection of ready TLBs.
1 (5.6%)
Skip the part about collecting TOOLBOX info, give us the ready drop-in TLBs only.
1 (5.6%)
We already have corhub, I don't see any need for another collection.
0 (0%)
I don't see any use in this.
0 (0%)
I don't really care about this.
0 (0%)
I think it's a very bad idea and I'll tell you why (see my post below).
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: POLL: Importing New Wall Art - Made easier?  (Read 17058 times)

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
Re: POLL: Importing New Wall Art - Made easier?
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2010, 02:12:50 PM »
The TLB collection was updated with hans' EGA Ice Cave backdrop and manikus' Hut walls and backdrops.  :)

Offline Baronnecro

« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2010, 08:23:03 AM »
theres another vote.  :)    is there anywhere else that has any art files hosted that we know is maintained? I swear magic mirror once had art as well as modules.

Offline Donnie Ewald

• Administrator
    • Ego's Abode
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2010, 03:11:12 PM »
The FRUA archive has much art and it's found at:

http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/art/

...for PC and for Mac:

http://frua.rosedragon.org/mac/art/

There's also a directory for DC art too:

http://frua.rosedragon.org/dc/art/

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2010, 07:21:46 PM »
Olivier, I copied your page to disk for use, but since both my modules/games had wallsets already added, I didn't know if it would work with adding TBL files, so I tried adding wallsets. I'll copy your tables now and try that method. Don't suppose you could put ALL the TBLs in one zip and upload it? Takes a long time downloading each one individually.

I also had problems with cycling walls but I assume that will be fixed too.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2010, 07:37:20 PM »
There you go. No guarantees that it's complete or sorted exactly like in the sticky though.

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2010, 09:02:47 PM »
Darn it, I posted in the wrong thread. That's what happens when you open four at the same time. I'll try the tables out now.

EDIT: Finally got it to work. Had to make all TLBs 10## not 20## to get them to work. Do I need the 8X8DC.TLB? I already deleted the 8X8DB.TLB.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 09:41:51 PM by GoldBoxFan »

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2010, 04:51:28 AM »
20## works too, but you can only access it if you assign the according wallset to Wall Art Slot 2 in the Global Info (see screenshot below). And I guess what lead you to believe it doesn't work is that in Global Info you can only see the new TLB if you named it 10##. However, your dungeon's Wall Placement menu will display the new TLB nevertheless, even if Global Info didn't show it to you.

Example:

You renamed Keith's Wilderness TLB 8X8D2013.TLB to replace Coral A. Since you didn't rename it 8X8D1013.TLB, the Global Info selection will always show you the default Coral A wallset, never the new Wilderness wallset. However, if you assign the Coral A wallset to Wall Art Slot 2 in Global Info and then have a look at your dungeon's Wall Placement menu, you will see that Coral A has been replaced by the Wilderness set and you have full access to it. If you assign the Coral A wallset to Wall Art Slot 1 or 3 though, you will have access to the default Coral A wallset again and not to the Wilderness you replaced it with.

Likewise, if you rename all new wallsets to 10##, you will always see them in Global Info, but you will only have access to them if you assign them to Wall Art Slot 1, meaning you can't combine them with each other. If you have two or three new wallsets you want to use in the same dungeon, you have to rename them according to the Wall Art Slot you need them to be in, e.g. Wilderness 1 to 1013, Wilderness 2 to 2013 and Crag & Creeper to 3013. Then you would assign Coral A (which now looks like Wilderness 1 in Global Info) to all three Wall Art Slots and in the Wall Replacement menu you'd have access to all three new wallsets.

I know it's complicated and I'm not sure how clear my explanation and instructions here are. That's why I suggested you get three copies of each wallset and rename them 10##, 20## and 30## because that way what you see in Global Info is exactly what you get in Wall Placement and you wouldn't have to worry about this mess.  ;) If you don't follow that advice and use only one copy of each new wallset, you should make a list and keep track of which default wallset was replaced with which new wallset and in which slot(s). 

I also apologize for the Sticky not being very newbie friendly, it should contain all of these informations in a clear language. I was hoping in vain that someone would step up and help me with that but there also is a good UANL article by Darius Whiteheart explaining most of it. As soon as I find it, I will link to it in the sticky. Does anyone know which UANL did contain it? EDIT: Never mind, I found them and will link to them at the top of the sticky!  :)

Do I need the 8X8DC.TLB? I already deleted the 8X8DB.TLB.

That depends on what 8X8DB.TLB file you're talking about. You mean the one in your design folder, the one you copied from another design? Did that other design contain walls you want to have access to? Then you should keep the 8X8 files because that's where the other design's wallsets are stored in. But if you only need UA's default walls and/or some new TLBs from the sticky and nothing from the other design, you can delete the 8X8D*.TLB copies in your design folder.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 05:03:14 AM by Olivier Leroux »

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2010, 04:28:32 PM »
I get it now, the Editor allows 3 wallsets per row for the top, middle or bottom slot in the Pick Wall Art Sets Global Information. And only the first row is displayed. Which means right now I think I have the correct area information, but another wallset will show up once I start playing.

This could be useful if you plan it well. You can have up to 48 different tilesets in a game. I was worried I wasn't going to have enough tilesets for a future Gamma World module. I think there are 30+ of them. Now I can use them all if I plan how to combine them in advance.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2010, 06:06:11 AM »
Exactly. Glad I managed to get the idea across without too much confusion.  :) (Unless you got it from Darius' articles.  :D )