Author Topic: REVIEW: Game41: Knight of Newts (by Ray Dyer)  (Read 48 times)

Offline hans

REVIEW: Game41: Knight of Newts (by Ray Dyer)
« on: March 17, 2017, 11:52:15 PM »
Ray Dyer is a marvel.  He's like a piņata.  Poke 'im with a stick, and you're showered with UA mods! 

He joins the One-Week Challenge (http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3429.0) where most participants struggled to get one mod done before the deadline (and Ben Sanderfer manfully produced two), and Ray comes out with ten new mods!  Ten!!! 

They are all part of a series called the "Thunder Rift."  This mod, Game41: Knight of Newts, is suggested as the first to play of the campaign.  I started out a new party of Level 1 characters and had no trouble completing the design.  Their task is solve the mystery of how a great castle fortress was destroyed, sinking it almost entirely into a massive swamp.  This short adventure takes place almost entirely in those parts of the castle that are still above water level, or not too far beneath. 

As you can surmise from that brief account, the locale is a fascinatingly unique place to explore.  It is gratifyingly well-realized in all the elements of its construction, as well.  Clearly, Ray has lost none of his skill for conversions.  His many fans will be as delighted as I am. 

You are amazing, Ray!   :notworthy:

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 10:02:21 PM by hans »

Offline Ray

Re: REVIEW: Game41: Knight of Newts (by Ray Dyer)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »

Thanks, Hans! 

I've been called a lot of things, but pinata is a total first!   ;D

Those are welcome words, but especially meaningful coming from you!  Thanks for playing!