Author Topic: RELEASED: The Realm - Thunder Rift  (Read 464 times)

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
Re: RELEASED: The Realm - Thunder Rift
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 02:24:59 AM »
Hey Ray, I have some questions about the Thunder Rift campaign:

The readme files say it's best to start with Game00, like they always said for the other campaigns as well. As someone who has played all the other Realm campaigns a long time ago, would it actually have any benefits for me now to start with Game00 instead of Game41? Will the starting equipment or anything else be different if I create a new party in Game41 and not Game00? And was Game00 updated to include the new Thunder Rift adventures on the map or not?

Also, it looks like the updated versions of Game45 and Game48 are only available in this thread so far and the versions at the File Archive are still outdated; is that true?

Offline Ray

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2017, 09:20:01 AM »

Hey!

The reference to Game00 is an oversight, carried over from sharing all the old text files as a template.  I'm bummed...

I'm not sure about the uploaded changes.  I've uploaded a few things to Rosedragon lately that I'm not sure ever made it, actually up.  When I uploaded GameXX a little while ago, I also uploaded GameU1, and the latter isn't showing on the What's New list.  Also, I uploaded each of the updates to Rosedragon either right before or right after uploading them here--I'm not sure whether the new files were uploaded and just replaced the old versions, or if they didn't appear, either.

I've been too busy with work and a million other "real life" things to look deeper than the "What's New" page, though.  :(

Offline hans

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2017, 12:36:14 PM »
...I've uploaded a few things to Rosedragon lately that I'm not sure ever made it, actually up.  When I uploaded GameXX a little while ago, I also uploaded GameU1, and the latter isn't showing on the What's New list.  Also, I uploaded each of the updates to Rosedragon either right before or right after uploading them here--I'm not sure whether the new files were uploaded and just replaced the old versions, or if they didn't appear, either...

When I ULed Man-Storm, I didn't realize that I had mistakenly used the Mirror (http://frua.reonis.com/), instead of the main Rosedragon site (http://frua.rosedragon.org/).  If I understand correctly, the Rosedragon site will immediately notify Donnie of new ULs, but the Mirror doesn't.  I contacted him via PM, and he kindly took care of it for me then.   :)

Offline Ray

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2017, 01:58:49 PM »

I don't think that's what I ran into--I have rosedragon bookmarked (I didn't realize there was still a mirror out there!), and I uploaded GameXX and GameU1 one right after the other. 

I guess I should message Donnie and make sure everything arrived like it should have.  I know that happened once back in the day, when Robert Foster was running the ftp show.  He was awesome about everything, too.

*sigh* Speaking of old friends we don't hear from...I miss that guy, too...

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2017, 02:36:43 PM »
I know that happened once back in the day, when Robert Foster was running the ftp show.  He was awesome about everything, too.

*sigh* Speaking of old friends we don't hear from...I miss that guy, too...

I haven't spoken to him in a couple of years, but for a long while he was the lead programmer/scripter and one of the online DMs for my NWN persistent world, which is still up and running.  Many of the scripts that bring that place to life are his work.

I might have an email address lying around for him.  I'll have to look.  Maybe I can persuade him to drop in.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Ray

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2017, 03:53:27 PM »

Update: I just downloaded Trouble Below, and checked the updated date on the files in the zip folder.  It looks like the current version is up there.

The only thing that I've reuploaded that didn't appear seems to be GameU1; I'll reupload when I get a second, and then we'll have all our Realm ducks in a row.

Offline Kaz-Keith

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2017, 07:02:52 PM »
 Created a new level one party just prior to Easter weekend, and set off this morning to being the Thunder Rift series (plus game 07, Assault on Raven's Ruin as per Flopsyville's suggestion)... looking forward to this!

Offline Ray

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »

Happy adventuring, Keith!  I hope you have some fun in Thunder Rift!

anything