Author Topic: PREVIEW: Mj-M-1 (Major Mystery serial mod, chapter 1)  (Read 2509 times)

Offline hans

PREVIEW: Mj-M-1 (Major Mystery serial mod, chapter 1)
« on: January 27, 2009, 09:52:40 PM »
Here's some screenshots.  Comments and hype will follow.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline hans

Re: PREVIEW: Mj-M-1 (Major Mystery serial mod, chapter 1)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 09:54:06 PM »
D'oh!    :-\

Offline hans

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 09:58:55 PM »
Here's those two messed up ones.  I'll have to remember when I post GIFs that the 1st color slot needs to be free.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline hans

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 10:14:35 PM »
Anyway, on with the hype: 

Mj-M-1 will be available soon.  It's a personal serial.  If you look back on the first image, the mock comic cover, that's how the mod should be thought of, as the first issue of a comicbook (but with UA combats & some exploration).  When or if the next ish should ever come out, who can say. 

With this mod, I am beginning the epic adventure that I envisioned when I first came up with my superhero character of Major Mystery.  I used him before for my UANL mystery challenge mod "Superdead" because he qualified for that through name alone, but that adventure was rather atypical.  This mod more fully explains his standard modus opperandi, and fixes some fictional rules that his story-universe follows.  I've also given him a bit of an artistic face-lift.

You may note the "scary bones" frame set.  I converted my "Bamboo" frame set because everybody seemed to be using it for bones, so I figured, if they want bones, give 'em bones.  Ya'll can grab those from the mod when it's up.  It should be easy to change the hue of the bones, too.  If you have any trouble, just let me know. 

There's lots more cool art in the mod, too.  Hopefully, you will find it fun to play, as well.

Offline Vix

• Mmmm ... Spider Slushies!
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 08:39:05 AM »
Ooooooo

Nicey nice!

The 3D movement screenshot ... is that the part were Major Mystery is sneaking into the Incredible Sneeze-Boy's lair?  >_>

Love the Rat Armor, btw! ^^

Offline hans

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 11:39:43 AM »

The 3D movement screenshot ... is that the part were Major Mystery is sneaking into the Incredible Sneeze-Boy's lair?  >_>

Welcome to Boogertown.   :P

Offline hans

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 12:04:58 PM »
Mj-M-1 is now available at the UA File Archive: http://frua.rosedragon.org/new.htm 
  :D

I also ULed a fixed version of my first Major Mystery mod "Superdead."  If you played through the original without encountering any bugs, you can, of course, ignore this one.   :P

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 12:12:10 PM »
Woo-hoo! This weekend I get to play new UA designs by two of my favorite authors!!! I don't know why I'm still hanging out at the forum (logging off now, see ya...)  ;D

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 12:31:05 PM »
Oh man, it is so unfair that I've got class on Saturday - till 6:30 tonight.

Okay, maybe if I don't sleep at all tonight, I can finish Ben's new mod, play this one which I am very excited about, and finish putting FRUA on my laptop which is running Ubuntu (thank you DOSBox). :D

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
And don't forget, once you guys get done playing both these modules (and perhaps even Glen Sprigg's unfinished module), we have a place here on the forums for new reviews.  I'm sure we'd all love to hear feedback.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Vix

• Mmmm ... Spider Slushies!
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 03:21:51 PM »
Yup, assuming my FRUA continues to work, I'll be playing both next week. I have too many raids in WoW this week to even attempt it.