Author Topic: RELEASED: Charon's Rose  (Read 449 times)

Offline hans

Re: RELEASED: Charon's Rose
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 03:16:10 PM »
Did you get an invasion when you returned to the village?

I did 2 (IIRC) quests, came back to the invasion, and then completed a 3rd afterwards.  I think that's it, but I'd also like to be sure before I review it.

Offline Jadefang

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 03:30:23 PM »

I did 2 (IIRC) quests, came back to the invasion, and then completed a 3rd afterwards.  I think that's it, but I'd also like to be sure before I review it.

There's four locations total. The swamp, cemetery, and forest are available at start, and the last one (the chasm) is available after the invasion.

Offline PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 10:31:24 PM »
Is there a proper ending to this design?
I've done all the quests, and explored the three dungeon complexes, but I haven't explored every inch of every dungeon. The Nyx swamp I left as soon as killing the great crocodile, due to the IMO exessive randome encounters?

Also, did you use a hack that prevents Mages from using Slings?

Yes, and I did the Chasm, and defeated the Demon's pet. (I should have written "four dungeon complexes").
But I didn't get a sense of closure, and there was still the northern ruin to explore.

Mages not being able to use slings is a result of the 1.3 patch I think.

Hmm...I think I already have that patch installed, and Slings work for Mages in other designs.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:37:23 PM by PetrusOctavianus »

Offline Jadefang

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 11:39:35 PM »
Yes, and I did the Chasm, and defeated the Demon's pet. (I should have written "four dungeon complexes").
But I didn't get a sense of closure, and there was still the northern ruin to explore.

Yea, the closure is kinda vague. The module was not meant to end and quit to DOS like others. But the chasm is considered the final main quest.

Hmm...I think I already have that patch installed, and Slings work for Mages in other designs.

Okay, searching a bit through the forum to find back into what I built on, the mod also includes the other files from http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=492.msg11429#msg11429 , specifically the Item Database edits.

However, the included document with the item database edits does not appear accurate. In practice, Paladins/Rangers still can't use leather armour, magic-users can't use slings, thieves can still using hammers/ring mail, etc.

I think I'll just delete the ITEM.DAT and ITEMS.DAT files from the module in the next update. I don't think they make any actual impact apart from the sling restriction.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:43:42 PM by Jadefang »