Author Topic: graphics glitch -- combat starts and 3d view border showing  (Read 358 times)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: graphics glitch -- combat starts and 3d view border showing
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 12:39:22 PM »
I'll just add I'm seeing the same issue SilentThief is, but with the pool of radiance conversion I'm working on. I should have reported it before, but thought it was just a module specific glitch that I'd track down later.

marainein, use the config.txt I included in my post above and your problem should be resolved. :D If not, please let me know and I'll work to get it resolved.
Ok, that's fixed the combat screen issue, but the regular screen layout looks kind of weird (eg the square above the word 'inventory')

Using the default 640x480 config.txt breaks the borders, because they are not the standard size. The config is set up for 14 pixels and these borders are 16.

So, what you need to do is go back to the original config, and add in the lines from the new one that do not exist in the original.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:04:04 PM by manikus »

Offline marainein

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 02:02:25 AM »
I'll just add I'm seeing the same issue SilentThief is, but with the pool of radiance conversion I'm working on. I should have reported it before, but thought it was just a module specific glitch that I'd track down later.

marainein, use the config.txt I included in my post above and your problem should be resolved. :D If not, please let me know and I'll work to get it resolved.
Ok, that's fixed the combat screen issue, but the regular screen layout looks kind of weird (eg the square above the word 'inventory')

Using the default 640x480 config.txt breaks the borders, because they are not the standard size. The config is set up for 14 pixels and these borders are 16.

So, what you need to do is go back to the original config, and add in the lines from the new one that do not exist in the original.
Can you be a little more specific about those lines? There's a lot of differences between the config.txt that came with the Pool of Radiance design and the updated one you posted in this thread. Maybe you could quickly explain what was causing the problem?

Are these the lines I'm looking for?
Code: [Select]
COMBAT_MAP_HEIGHT = 50
COMBAT_MAP_WIDTH = 50
COMBAT_STAT_BOX_WIDTH = 240

Offline marainein

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 02:04:55 AM »
wow does that screenshot (looking as PoR did) bring back memories.

ST
Heh - the point of the Pool of Radiance was to be one giant nostalgia trip. But I could use a break from staring at 80s era graphics. Wanna swap projects? :P

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 04:45:39 PM »

Can you be a little more specific about those lines? There's a lot of differences between the config.txt that came with the Pool of Radiance design and the updated one you posted in this thread. Maybe you could quickly explain what was causing the problem?

COMBAT_MAP_HEIGHT = 50
COMBAT_MAP_WIDTH = 50

HORZ_BAR_TOP
HORZ_BAR_MIDDLE
HORZ_BAR_BOTTOM
VERT_BAR_LEFT
VERT_BAR_MIDDLE
VERT_BAR_RIGHT
HORZ_BAR_LONG
HORZ_BAR_LONG_2
HORZ_BAR_LONG_3
VERT_BAR_LONG
VERT_BAR_SHORT
VERT_BAR_LONG_2

Offline marainein

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2017, 06:56:08 PM »

COMBAT_MAP_HEIGHT = 50
COMBAT_MAP_WIDTH = 50

HORZ_BAR_TOP
HORZ_BAR_MIDDLE
HORZ_BAR_BOTTOM
VERT_BAR_LEFT
VERT_BAR_MIDDLE
VERT_BAR_RIGHT
HORZ_BAR_LONG
HORZ_BAR_LONG_2
HORZ_BAR_LONG_3
VERT_BAR_LONG
VERT_BAR_SHORT
VERT_BAR_LONG_2
Thanks once more Manikus - I had to fiddle with a few of those numbers, but it's looking right now :)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 01:16:15 PM »
Happy to help. :D

Dinonykos and I have done quite a bit of fiddling with these numbers, and the others in the config.txt.

anything