As is known, you pretty much (barring, I suppose, obtaining a copy of old 1990s MS-DOS and using specifically that FC.EXE) can not edit CKIT directly via UAShell on a modern system. (Existing modules with DIFF.TBL files in them apply just fine, though.) If you attempt to do so, you get the infamous 3 byte DIFF.TBL file with just the 0 and all your hacks disappearing immediately after creation as UAShell fails to find FC and thus draws a blank.
It has been stated that the workaround is:
* take a manual backup of CKIT
* run the hacks directly from Dosbox
* go to a Windows command prompt and run FC by hand, then edit out the leading 000 and trailing colon from all addresses (easily done with search and replace in a text editor), and add the ending line with the 0.
* insert this file into the module directory as DIFF.TBL
* restore CKIT manually
* launch UAShell and apply module
... except what I'm getting instead is UAShell complaining "Error in patch file" and refusing to apply the diff.
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the attached file's format, though - what am I missing?