Author Topic: REVIEW: The Torment of Moonsea (by Richard J. Leedy)  (Read 205 times)

Offline PetrusOctavianus

REVIEW: The Torment of Moonsea (by Richard J. Leedy)
« on: January 25, 2017, 10:54:45 AM »
A rather crude module, with few events, random encounters at a bare minimum, mostly empty dungeons (but thankfully they are quick and linear), but with a rather surprising turn of events.

This module would not have been approved of by Ed Greenwood, the way Elminster is portrayed.
Not only is he a weakling, but he's also a traitor.
The party is invited to the wedding of the daughter of Priam (who is now mayor of Hillsfar), but some mwa-ha-ha spouting bad guy crashes the party, and kidnaps the "virgin" (I have my doubts based on her portrait), to be sacrificed to his demon master.

The quest takes the party to Zhentil Keep, which they conquer by defeating a rather pitiful "army".

The final dungeon is full of high level fighters that hit -15 AC without problem.
The only thing that kept me going was that the battles were challenging, albeit rather samey. Most of the enemies were custom made, which is always a plus in my book.

And when the quest was finally completed, I didn't even get the option of saving my party.  >:(
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:03:02 AM by PetrusOctavianus »