For those who are taking part in the challenge, I hope your early days of planning are going well.
This challenge really has two parts. The preparation part should not be overlooked. Just as the challenge itself will push you to create quickly, the prep build time will help you be creative outside the engine and give you a new way to approach designing (for those of us who tend to just jump into the design and create as we go...I'm guilty of this).
If you're curious what you could be doing while waiting for the challenge to start, here is a list of things that you can do to make your life easier in preparation for the challenge:
- Sketch out your story.
- Draw your map ideas on paper.
- Assemble or create the artwork you will need.
- Gather the hacks (if any) that you want to use.
- Write out your intro or some of your dialogue in a word processor.
- Think about the combat encounters you might have.
- Write out your main quest line, and some side quests.
- Consider new ways to use FRUA or DC.
- Decide if your adventure will be multi-character or single-character
- Play the Gold-Box games or other FRUA/DC games for inspiration!
- Do nothing at all. (It's an option for those that want it).
Can't wait to start!