Author Topic: Taking Screenshots in DC?  (Read 172 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Taking Screenshots in DC?
« on: October 09, 2016, 07:06:35 AM »
Is there a way to take screenshots in DC, I know that it can be done in the Editor. I am not sure if I did this before with DC, I remember that I used Greenshot (i think it is the correct name) for that. Now I tried running 640*480 version with 3d3Windower but it suprisingly doesn't work anymore, so I have done the same thing with -windowed command and it runs very good in left upper corner and I can work with other programs too.

Now just can I save a screenshot trough DC, or do I have to use some other external program?

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Re: Taking Screenshots in DC?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 07:21:38 AM »
Are you aware that you - in worse case - can just use the "print" key on your keyboard to store a screenshot in the clipboard, which you can then paste into any painting software?
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage:
The Fiend's Ritual - Rise of the Insectoids -
Snow Tigress - Case of the stolen Masterpiece
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 07:51:25 AM »
If you are using a modern version of Windows (8 or 10), you can hit the Window-Key and the PrintScreen-key at the same time. It will take a screenshot and save it automatically in the Pictures directory in a folder called Screenshots as a jpeg file.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 10:43:07 AM »
I am using Windows 7 and it doesn't work for me it seems. Only Print Screen button is a bit complicated as it needs a bit more work :)

Anyway I installed Greenshot and it works great as before, I reinstalled windows during summer btw so I need to get things working again... Thanks for the answers, I am guessing that taking screenshots in DC to a folder is not yet an option.

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 01:21:02 PM »
I am using Windows 7 and it doesn't work for me it seems. Only Print Screen button is a bit complicated as it needs a bit more work :)

Have you tried using the snipping tool in Windows 7? It's similar to the PrintScreen button, but it allows you to crop and save your screenshots.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Online SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 03:30:47 PM »
another option is that you can create screenshots (whole screen, whole window, or grab a selection) from the (free) gimp image editing program. Gimp is an amazing program -- especially for a free one.

ST