Author Topic: Does anyone remember the name of the major UA art hack/mod other than cpic_v10?  (Read 463 times)

Offline Galahad

Another question for the resident FRUA experts please:  does anyone remember per chance the name of the major UA art hack/mod (other than the cpic_v10 hack) that enhanced a lot of the color depth and quality from the out-of-the-box FRUA art gallery pics?  Since it's been such a long time since I was last able to enjoy the UA hobby, I can't recall the name of it?  Temporarily uninstalling the cpic_v10 art hack and the dungpak hack (with new replacement for dungcom.tlb file) did not remove the improved artwork, and if I re-install my out-of-the-box, vanilla UA copy and reapply UAShell without first knowing what the additional artwork mod is, I may not be able to restore the artwork enhancement hack.  Any advice/guidance in identifying the name of the aforementioned art hack would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for your help!

Offline Galahad

Never mind, I figured it out!  :)  Turns out the art hacks/mods I was looking for above were Vixenkitty's vix_pica.zip, vix_picb.zip, vix_picc.zip, vix_picd.zip, and vix_pice.zip files  :)  Sorry for the accidental false alarm there! 

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Not a problem.  Glad you found what you were looking for.

It's not usually this quiet around here.  Wonder where everyone is this week?
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline hans

Just a bit of advice on the general type of dilemma you mentioned: 

Make copies. 

I have several working copies of UA on my computer.  I also have back-ups of my copies (with UAShell installed).  I make copies of about everything I do with UA (and more than 1 copy of designs in progress, just to be extra safe).  It's such a relatively small program by today's standards, there's really no reason not to.

I've never used UATools, but I do have this copy (attached) which claims to be:
UATOOLS VERSION 1.30 -- COMPLETE INSTALL
Release Date:  September 26, 1995

I trust it has not become corrupted over the years. 

Offline Galahad

Many thanks for your amazing and outstanding help with obtaining a copy of the UATools utility Hans!  :)  I very deeply and genuinely appreciate your kind assistance, again thank you  :)

Just a bit of advice on the general type of dilemma you mentioned: 

Make copies. 

I have several working copies of UA on my computer.  I also have back-ups of my copies (with UAShell installed).  I make copies of about everything I do with UA (and more than 1 copy of designs in progress, just to be extra safe).  It's such a relatively small program by today's standards, there's really no reason not to.

I've never used UATools, but I do have this copy (attached) which claims to be:
UATOOLS VERSION 1.30 -- COMPLETE INSTALL
Release Date:  September 26, 1995

I trust it has not become corrupted over the years.

Offline hans

Many thanks for your amazing and outstanding help with obtaining a copy of the UATools utility Hans!  :)  I very deeply and genuinely appreciate your kind assistance, again thank you  :)

My pleasure   :)

Offline Vix

• Mmmm ... Spider Slushies!
  • Administrator
Never mind, I figured it out!  :)  Turns out the art hacks/mods I was looking for above were Vixenkitty's vix_pica.zip, vix_picb.zip, vix_picc.zip, vix_picd.zip, and vix_pice.zip files  :)  Sorry for the accidental false alarm there!

Hope you find good use of the new(ish) pics!