Author Topic: Pool of Radiance Resources  (Read 2047 times)

Offline marainein

Re: Pool of Radiance Resources
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 02:29:51 AM »
Ok, I can't find copies of Pool of Radiance sprites, or animated smallpics in this design - Manikus, do you know if you converted them? Have I just missed them somehow?

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 01:32:53 PM »
Ok, I can't find copies of Pool of Radiance sprites, or animated smallpics in this design - Manikus, do you know if you converted them? Have I just missed them somehow?

I don't have them on this computer or my flash drive...there is a chance that I have them on the computer at home, though I thought I posted everything that I had. It seems weird that I wouldn't have had these, though.
Give me one more day for a definite answer. :D

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 01:59:51 PM »

Are you using the 176x211 viewport?
I have them for the 88x88 viewport and will convert to whatever you are using.

Offline marainein

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 05:22:12 PM »

I believe so - I'm just carrying on with the pools to pools conversion you posted in this thread.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2017, 05:41:33 PM »

I believe so - I'm just carrying on with the pools to pools conversion you posted in this thread.

On my desktop, I have the art resized for 176x176, 176x211 and 264x264. :) I'll check what I posted and make them that size. I may not get them posted until tomorrow, but they are forth coming. :)

Which of the designs are you using as your base?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 05:47:50 PM by manikus »

Offline marainein

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2017, 06:11:01 PM »

On my desktop, I have the art resized for 176x176, 176x211 and 264x264. :) I'll check what I posted and make them that size. I may not get them posted until tomorrow, but they are forth coming. :)

The one that says "Pools_to_Pools_design" - unless you meant something else?

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2017, 06:31:54 PM »

The one that says "Pools_to_Pools_design" - unless you meant something else?

Exactly what I meant. :) It is late enough that it will be tonmorrow before I upload these, but I will make sure that all of the art is there. :)

Offline marainein

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2017, 08:12:01 PM »
Also, I think you've got the standard DC monster database there, not the one I extracted from the gold box pool of radiance and converted: http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=2518.msg44894#msg44894

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2017, 01:27:32 PM »
Also, I think you've got the standard DC monster database there, not the one I extracted from the gold box pool of radiance and converted: http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=2518.msg44894#msg44894

ute the mystery here...I know downloaded everything you posted and thought I was using it, in fat I thought that PoR_WIP2.dsn was named such because it was the second iteration  of the monster database that you provided. But, I just checked and it sure isn't.

I'll start looking on the laptop and then the desktop tonight if need be. I didn't delete any of my work, just arvhiced it somewhere... ;)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2017, 01:31:23 PM »
Here are the smallpics and the sprites. I also thought that you might want the original combat dungeon and wilderness (as opposed to one from FRUA) so I assembled those as well. A note about the wilderness - PoR uses 34 tiles as opposed to the 40 tiles that later GB games use, so I moved some things around so that it word work in DC. The bonus is now you have cacti. :D

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2017, 04:36:46 PM »

ute the mystery here...I know downloaded everything you posted and thought I was using it, in fat I thought that PoR_WIP2.dsn was named such because it was the second iteration  of the monster database that you provided. But, I just checked and it sure isn't.

I'll start looking on the laptop and then the desktop tonight if need be. I didn't delete any of my work, just arvhiced it somewhere... ;)

I have found a version 4 of the monster database that you had posted. I have been making it a version 5. I hope I am not repeating what I have already done, but, whatever. :) I'll upload it when I get to a point where I feel that is a good place to stop.

Offline marainein

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2017, 11:40:16 PM »
I hope I am not repeating what I have already done, but, whatever. :) I'll upload it when I get to a point where I feel that is a good place to stop.
Me too - that's mainly what I'm trying to figure out now - also, where are we regards to the other databases - items, spells, special abilities?

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 01:47:11 PM »
I hope I am not repeating what I have already done, but, whatever. :) I'll upload it when I get to a point where I feel that is a good place to stop.
Me too - that's mainly what I'm trying to figure out now - also, where are we regards to the other databases - items, spells, special abilities?

Id din't realize that there were so many bleedin' monsters in the monster database. :D I have fixed it so it will load without any errors, and then decided to jusst start at the top and finish all the monsters. Finish means adding special abilities, filling in form, penalties, misc options, etc and adding spells to attacks for things like poison and draining.
I have gotten down to teh first instance of poisonous frog.

Inn regards to the other databases., I don't know. :) I do know that so far there are only three items in the monster database that are not in the items database. When I am done with the monster database I will add how many ever items to the default item database.
Then, we will talk about spells. I presume there are some in PoR that are not in DC. I will make those and then spellcaster items for NPCs and monsters to use them. Then add appropriate spellcaster items to the many spellcasters in the monster database. Then, I will grab all of the special abilities from the other databases to check against the default SA database and create any that are needed.
If this sounds like a lot of work, it is. :)

Offline marainein

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2017, 02:05:49 PM »

Id din't realize that there were so many bleedin' monsters in the monster database. :D I have fixed it so it will load without any errors, and then decided to jusst start at the top and finish all the monsters. Finish means adding special abilities, filling in form, penalties, misc options, etc and adding spells to attacks for things like poison and draining.
I have gotten down to teh first instance of poisonous frog.

Inn regards to the other databases., I don't know. :) I do know that so far there are only three items in the monster database that are not in the items database. When I am done with the monster database I will add how many ever items to the default item database.
Then, we will talk about spells. I presume there are some in PoR that are not in DC. I will make those and then spellcaster items for NPCs and monsters to use them. Then add appropriate spellcaster items to the many spellcasters in the monster database. Then, I will grab all of the special abilities from the other databases to check against the default SA database and create any that are needed.
If this sounds like a lot of work, it is. :)

Thanks  :)
There's a list of spells in PoR here: http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=2518.msg34562#msg34562. Let me know what, if any, aren't present or working in DC.

Did you have any luck finding the smallpics and sprites for PoR?

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2017, 02:22:36 PM »
Thanks for the spell list, I had it at one point, but probably misfiled it. :) I have all those spells done except Animate Dead which I will do as a kind of "undead summoning" spell.
Do you have a list of which of these spells appear on scrolls?

The smallpics and sprites are attached to a post up the thread...
http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3327.msg48803#msg48803

anything