Author Topic: What is the Journal?  (Read 299 times)

Offline Winspector

What is the Journal?
« on: December 25, 2015, 12:27:40 PM »
I want to give the player some kind of Journal for him or her to check on while advancing in game. The editor has an option to set notes for a Journal but I cannot find a way to access it in the game.

I really need it, since many puzzles require the player to remember or review past information.

How do I access the journal in the game? And this same question goes to "quests" too. How?

Thanks in advance.

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Re: What is the Journal?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 11:16:49 PM »
Quests are not shown to the player (except in testing mode). Items can be used and these are visible to the player by clicking the "Inv" menu option.

Journal entries can be viewed by clicking "Journal" which I believe appears in the Camp menu. The option only appears if one or more journal entries has been added. So play around with it and see if you can get it working to your satisfaction. Any issues, let us know.

Offline Winspector

Re: What is the Journal?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 07:40:32 AM »
Quests are not shown to the player (except in testing mode). Items can be used and these are visible to the player by clicking the "Inv" menu option.

Journal entries can be viewed by clicking "Journal" which I believe appears in the Camp menu. The option only appears if one or more journal entries has been added. So play around with it and see if you can get it working to your satisfaction. Any issues, let us know.

Yes, it works. Thanks.