Author Topic: dungeon craft having huge problems  (Read 5079 times)

Offline drake43

Re: dungeon craft having huge problems
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 03:28:41 PM »
thanks i have grabbed it time to see some tv will check it after hope i soon can build some modules who will work prober

Offline drake43

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2015, 03:57:07 AM »
so made a new module

only one character got more hit points, and i can keep training like nothing ever happens , other than i loose my platin when i do it, so the other files must be bad too

copy'ing the one file was not enough to make a diffrence

so far i have downloadet DungeonCraftEditor_231 and removed the other one but i can tell that will not be enough to fix it

tell me why is the files keep bing write protected, it can cause errors write protecting does that make errors and i can remove it ever.

youre programs are not acting this weird ???

i assume that when you train you get more hit points as in frua does its only me so far sitting fighting with this problem.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:32:30 AM by drake43 »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 05:39:38 AM »
I don't know about files being write protected, it doesn't happen to me. For me things work, yes for leveling up it works, You get higher HPs and all other things from Ad&d. DC player.exe needs to be also updated regularly and as I said databeses, there are changes for spells, weapons, items and alike there. You need it if You are to play as it meant to be. But now that is Your own thing to follow and do :) it is a bit chaotic right now I know but we are trying as best as we can to keep it in order. Problem might be that there is no one who actualy keep record of the latest changes and keep them posted for everyone to update their DCs :/. Hm actualy it is done but it probably needs some more work :). Lets hope things might get better. I will try to keep things followed on my site from now on.

Offline drake43

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 06:28:11 AM »
if you could upload all youre dc files you are using or send them to mail lorddrake32@gmail.com so i can put them in a new dc folder that might work as all youre files can work together optimal

Offline drake43

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2015, 09:10:07 AM »
how to become better at making module, and now this is only how i do it, im saying that all you other are doing it wrong its a modul making tip

Now imagin that you are a Gamemaster and 4 or 6 players enter youre game they just stand there in the streets no knowing where to go or what to do

1 or 2 things will happen

1 the player playing youre modul is not gonna play it

2 mabey an eager player will search for quest or monster to fight

so here is what you can do instead to capture a players intreast from the start

1 when the player enters the game, make sure an npc talks with them telling them there first goal, and where to get weapons, you have to look at this as a movie you have to keep the player interasted, completely.

when the task is done have a numbers of npc's who the players can contact for new quest, witch can be connected to a new quest, you have to keep the players buissy all the time, combat or just investigation, if its something they must invistigate, still put in an npc who talks to the players about where to go and what to do

that is the key to good roleplaying even in this modul

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2015, 10:11:51 AM »
I agree. Ok I will try it. First I have to put my DC graphics sets on my site though then I will try improving my module :) My main concern for now setting things up correctly in art field, I need to get all my pictures, portraits ect available for all resolutions then I can start thinking about improving my module, actualy I have already started to work on underground levels but as I said I will need time to make things work as they should. Feedback is always welcome :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:25:02 AM by Milos Gulan »

Offline drake43

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2015, 10:30:14 AM »
i have work with this in many years how to cath the players, just look at world of warcraft, its an good ecsample to what i mean

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2015, 04:15:02 PM »
I am trying to have serious players. For me it is not a problem to have good players but to have a good game that everyone will enjoy. But lately (10 years) I am also trying to get my own system and have programs for it, so I want to learn DC and make it work as I would like to play. That is like Ad&d with some improvements. And only if my own country (Montenegro) is not black hole where I have to think if I will be able to drink pepsi during sessions. But it seems we are entering Nato (You can actualy see it on their Youtube channel) so plans for entering EU till 2018 are not so unreal. Lets hope it might happen and that I will be able to work with computers somewehere or at least that there will be some improvement :) but I think I am going offtopic again :/ sorry for that.

Offline drake43

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2015, 07:35:45 AM »
I am trying to have serious players. it works both ways the modul maker needs to work hard to make it interasting, if you want to talks some module iders over with me write me at my e-mail

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2015, 03:35:22 PM »
You are right about that. Sure I want to talk about DM-ing and playing, but I think we can do it here. Right now I just found this and wonder what I could do to make things like this :) http://dungeonmeister.deviantart.com/gallery/52965141/Living-Greyhawk but I better sort my art pictures for now...

Offline drake43

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2015, 04:46:24 PM »
nice pictures my thoughts of grauhawk are not very high, i think forgotten realms is a better prime material plane by ed greenwood

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2015, 03:20:20 AM »
You are right as I have found out too for 2e it is unfinished. But Greyhawk is still birthplace of Ad&d where You can meet characters like Mordenkainen, Melf ect. More about it here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greyhawk_characters

But yes for 2e with speciality priests rules it is not so good, Forgotten Realms might be a lot better. Still lot of 1e modules are made for GH but with 2e that tide switch to FR which is probably a best known place for adventures.

Offline drake43

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2015, 04:59:50 AM »
as a gm im using planescape as a base campaign settings that mean you can travel from plane to plane and then i use

forgotten realms, eberron, darksun, ravenloft, dragonlace and my own campaign i have made many years ago

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2015, 05:13:14 AM »
For me Planescape might be a bit too various for traveling trough planes but I use it sometimes too for it. But Spelljammer is for real travelling though not used often I guess. Lately beside GH I am into Mystara as it is even older then Greyhawk and used for OD&D adventures. Not perfect too but nice.

Well I am glad there is someone to talk about ideas. I was thinking of doing Ruins of Greyahk Castle module but lately  was thinking of Blackmoor, that is first D&D module it is set both in GH and Mystara setting difference being Mystara version was run by original D&D rules and GH version by Ad&d. Will have to check it. Also was thinking of playing again FRUA version of Keep on the Borderlands. I probably will start another Ad&d DC module campaign that will be try to convert and play some older FRUA modules that are amazingly well done :)

Offline drake43

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2015, 05:57:06 AM »
spelljammer are now called astral plane

anything