Author Topic: dungeon craft having huge problems  (Read 4412 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: dungeon craft having huge problems
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 03:50:25 PM »
I can try. Here is my largely unfinished design and there You can see how files should be placed http://www.reonis.com/gulan/TOM/DC_ToM_r640.rar More about it here http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=2881.0

Training event works, You just need to learn how to set it up from editor in Your design.

Don't worry we are all friendly here and mostly in Ad&d for a long time. I am from Montenegro Europe, and I also have problems with English especialy if not focused, but it is ok I am hoping we can work out things that are needed and help with what You need. Last 2 days I have been drawing some art but I am hoping to set up new site for DC soon, need to concentrate on that to get it started. DC is not easy but also it is not very hard to learn but it takes time. I wish You luck as it would be good to have new designers.

Offline drake43

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2015, 02:31:17 AM »
thanks alot i can see that the modul is easy its just like frua's so its not hard to learn its that other part setting it up correctly im not sure iv got thanks

i will look at it

i do nwn 1 and 2 module making i like to build stuff as i am a gm in real life :)

Offline drake43

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 02:43:28 AM »
you have 3 folders

1 dc editor
2 DC_ToM_r640
3 ToM.dsn

now how does that work when i made a module it only come with one folder containing

Data
Resources
Saves
DungeonCraft exe file
ReadMe
UafErr_Edit
UafErr_Engine

some of them i had to put in there to make it work

now im gonna look at youre module

i cannot run dc form the dc folder at get to choose a design i have to enter the design folder to start it

i can see youre small town with the trainng hall is no diffrent than mine, but i cannot start youre module up

its says im trying to start something i wont start

so mabey from this point you can help

here you can see my folder what it looks like with files at my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF4AfBnsjGo&index=10&list=PLNAYmUq590BypfvAzNQPo7H47zLjl_-gT
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:05:07 AM by drake43 »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2015, 03:44:22 AM »
Ok I will try to help, Paul has directory structure drawn for DC but now it seems I can't find it. I need to grab some food then I will try to see what can be done but it is simple You have DCEditor.exe and template design it goes into one folder and Your real design together with DC.exe goes into other.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2015, 04:37:55 AM »
Ok here it goes, this is folder structure You should have and those exe files are needed too. I hope You can see it clear. Just rename Your_Design with name of Your design.

Offline drake43

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2015, 05:26:14 AM »
so now i did those things you says but i cannot train im gonna make rar files and sendt them to youre mail so you can look at my files personaly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_dz4csG9Sk&list=PLNAYmUq590BypfvAzNQPo7H47zLjl_-gT&index=11

now it looks like you told me

and when i train my players turned blue in they name after they got about 1600 xp so i whent to training hall and still they did not get any new hit points ??

what shall i do ??? now you can see how my folders look and whats in them
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:40:05 AM by drake43 »

Offline drake43

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2015, 05:47:06 AM »
mabey it comes down to the versions and files i have installed

if i had somehow mixed it all together in one big pile of mess

so mabey you should give me the links to the files you would download if you should install youre dc from the start

that way i can see the process of all you do and get it right i hope

the module you sendt me i keep having problem with that the files are protected, and i get errors intead of the game begins, at last i got the game to start

my first improssion of youre town, its not easy to find a place to buy weapons you have to enter each house to see what they do or sell, you can ecspect all youre players to take the toure guide ;)

it would have bein easy'er with a sigh outside each house saying what's inside and a starting convotation of a person taking to the adventures about a start mission and where to buy arms
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:01:17 AM by drake43 »

Offline drake43

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2015, 08:36:47 AM »
this looks off what is wrong here ???

look at the experience points it looks wrong

i can see the age diffrens how do you change that ???
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:46:54 AM by drake43 »

Offline drake43

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2015, 08:41:14 AM »
now this one is made in youre module

and you can see the diffrense

i dont know what it means ??

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2015, 01:13:01 PM »
Ok it looks good, but if You want to stay updated to latest exe files and databases You will need to update them from time to time from developers links. Now this is all beta, but at least it is newer then previous betas :) so it is your call if You want to play with beta files or play with older files. Links are on the forum btw and updated regularly but once in 1 or 2 week I think is good enough.

Now for my design You are right there is no signs but if you click look around button You will be able to read signs in front of the doors which says which shop You are in front of. But You are right I should explain it in game, i did in the forum thread but that is probably not good enough. I will have to work on that, I really appriciate the feedback and it just makes me work to fix things that need to be fixed. Right now I am making website for my DC projects, just started and did something but will need time, I hope I will get it up and running till sunday.

About encumbrance You probably have a lot things that You carry to be that encumbered. Leveling works I am sure, after Your character gets enough xp to level up its names turn blue and in my design You need 200gps to pay in training center.

Now If You have anything to ask, I will be glad to help. If there is bug to report You can do it in DC forum section for that. Btw those CombatAction.txt files (around 200) You can always delete they are just there if some error shows up to see what happened in txt file records.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 01:22:23 PM by Milos Gulan »

Offline drake43

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 02:13:46 PM »
thanks for all the help i must try now to look at the stuff you have suggested, my men turns blue also but no progress when i pay to train them, i must try and make a new module to see if the bug is in the first design or it follows

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2015, 02:16:21 PM »
im using version 2.17

I think this is your biggest issue.  You need to download a newer version.  I just looked at a thread from last month where there were discussions about version 2.36, so I would guess the version you are using is outdated and likely has bugs in it.  Update the editor and the DC executable.  Open up the design you're working on in the new editor and then save it and try again.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline drake43

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 03:01:32 PM »
thanks man im chasing after this file now thanks for the help

where on this homepage can i find the files ????

the version of dc ???
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:06:53 PM by drake43 »

Offline drake43

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 03:14:12 PM »
i only see 2.17 in here ??? and on google the 2.36 is not showing up

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 03:19:26 PM »
You need files from this section as the news are posted in this part of the forum http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3094.0

But those news are a bit older so You will need to download latest DCEditor.exe = DungeonCraftEditor_233.7z and DC.EXE = DungeonCraft_236.zip from here http://dianneandpaul.net/UAF/

You had it in my design but maybe it is better to learn to update those by Yourself. Also You will need to update Your design databases but I can't find newest files right now, they should be there :/ here is thread about older versions http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=2961.0

Maybe someone can help about new database files location, please.