Thank you, I really appreciate it.
The most recent was related to the egg dropped by the thief. He says you should take it to the council in New Phlan, but when I tried they wouldn't allow me inside so I figured that I had to do something else first like find Lady Sasha, so I just continued exploring everything. I do have that in my notes but forgot about it, so maybe that's somehow the source of the problem.
If it helps, the list of previous conversations with him were (in order from first):
- Meeting with him in his office the first time and getting Navarre, assigned pirates, Dragongate Keep, caravan.
- I think talking to him after Dragongate Keep was the point where when I spoke to him, it flashed but he didn't say anything. I retried it several times from various saves and it just seemed to work that way no matter what I did. Moving back a second time afterwards, it continued so I noted it and went on. Not sure if it was related to this issue or not.
- Dragongate Keep reward, assigned ruins N, pirates, caravan
- Clearing the ruins reward, assigned pirates, caravan
- Pirates reward, assigned caravan
- Vampire reward, assigned caravan
- Caravan completed (but he didn't say anything about that), assigned none
- Orcs in Espyr reward and discussed egg dropped by thief, assigned none (unless the advise about taking the egg to the council counts).
- Assigned none
I probably didn't do these in the typical order, but I had trouble finding the pirates so didn't do that until later. That left Dragongate Keep and the caravan, and I decided to work on the keep first. I did the vampire part fairly early because I wanted to finish exploring the various parts of the ruins even after the official "clear the ruins" quest was completed. I explored Espyr when I was just exploring after no more missions were assigned.
Thank you very much for your help, and I apologize if this means you are now into analyzing the design (didn't mean for that; I thought maybe there was just some story element I had missed or something) - no hurry, I can wait if you need some time.