Author Topic: Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest  (Read 8453 times)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Re: Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2016, 03:12:11 PM »
As I understood, so far we have only my two entries.

I would rather wait longer than have a direct comparison of my own entries only .

As written above, I might be able to finish Uatu's and my collaboration project - both of us have quite limited time at the moment, but I in the second half of April, I might find time again. Maybe Steve, GoldBoxFan, Milos, and/or Manikus could finish something if we would extend the deadline by 3 more months?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:22:59 AM by Dinonykos »
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2016, 04:58:43 PM »
I really wish I could finish mine. But I doubt I will be able to do it soon. I actualy can't say when I will be finished with my design, as I still don't have good work routine and I am still trying to figure how to do things. But I will keep on trying, though i don't have clear deadline for my design, I mean time to finish. Maybe I should think more about that :/

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2016, 10:21:57 PM »
There have been too many good television shows combined with movies for me to find time yet. But next week at least four shows have their season finales. And I am on my last 4 movies I bought in December out of 80+. Next week I might actually have nothing to do for the weekend unless we get another spring snow.  :P

I'm all for extending it just to get 3 or 4 entries. And to get time to play Dinonykos' two designs.  :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2016, 09:29:43 AM »
I was thinking to give up on me entering the contest because there is small chance for me to win.

I will try to finish this module I have started, but I really doubt I will be able till this summer but there is small chance :). I have made my first sprite, that means I just now need to keep working on it.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2016, 01:46:36 PM »
I'm all for extending it just to get 3 or 4 entries. And to get time to play Dinonykos' two designs.  :)
:) Yes, two more designs would be great.

Milos - maybe you might consider doing a very small design fitting the contest rules? Your 'Towers of Magic' design is surely quite ambitious from what I have seen so far, but maybe doing something very small which is then reviewed by others might be motivating for your bigger project... I think getting some detailed feedback is the most important aspects of such contests - not to "win". :D
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2016, 05:28:53 PM »
 ;D This is my story I really want to work on, I doubt I could do anything else. I planed it to be small and it will be probably, but I need to do art that is good. Oh well I just might finish it till summer, if not then till new year :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 05:30:32 PM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2016, 01:20:05 PM »
I mean I will keep workng on it but I really need to do a lot to make it in the line with others. For example I need to make 3d scenes of an inn and other things like sprites beside all other things. I have no idea how long it will take :). I can only offer what I have for now and that is largely unfinished mod :).

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2016, 01:45:29 PM »
As I have seen in the SHUA thread, Hans makes progress with his entry. I think I can also manage to get the Case of the stolen Masterpiece ready this month.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2016, 02:52:52 PM »
I am not doing so good, mainly because I went into expansion of my module and because I don't have art done for the things I planed to do :)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2016, 02:55:37 AM »
The Case of the Stolen Masterpiece by Uatu and myself could now also be in the contest - I completed 4 possible culprit scenarios, which would be enough to make the game replayable several times. Depending on the progress of the other entries, I would perhaps add one or two culprits, or just leave it this way.

Any news from the other possible entries?

Offline hans

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2016, 02:26:56 PM »
Any news from the other possible entries?

I continue to make progress.  I'm hoping to begin playtesting around late August.  The contest doesn't have to wait on me, tho.   :-[

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2016, 02:45:49 AM »
Well, late August would give me some more weeks to "spice up" the Case of the Stolen Masterpiece, or add another culprit for more variety.

As it seems, we are coming back to the original time limit, just a year later... :D

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2016, 03:00:05 AM »
I planned to announce the completion of Uatu's and my entry "Case of the stolen Masterpiece" this weekend, but I have some issues with the Midi music. It may thus still last a few days until I can upload it. I also saw that I have not yet thanked Steve for his playtesting in the credits screen - I have to fix that, too.

Offline Null Null

• Maker of excessively difficult vanilla mods
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2016, 07:35:45 AM »
I have a one-dungeon thing involving my character from 'Library of Segrob' at level 1, it's actually almost done (and is my attempt to turn FRUA into a puzzle game) but I can't seem to find a way to end it right.

Offline hans

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2016, 12:33:00 PM »
I have a one-dungeon thing involving my character from 'Library of Segrob' at level 1, it's actually almost done (and is my attempt to turn FRUA into a puzzle game) but I can't seem to find a way to end it right.

Can you tell us anymore about the problem?