Author Topic: RELEASED - B9 Castle Caldwell and Beyond - Chapters 1 & 2  (Read 5429 times)

Offline Jaesun

Re: RELEASED - B9 Castle Caldwell and Beyond - Chapters 1 & 2
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2015, 06:38:43 PM »
I will have to learn to make modules like this in FRUA ;D btw one small mistake at start he offered 100gps, then we negotiated for higher price and agreed on 250gps but he gave us 750 :)

Yes, his higher offer is 250 EACH, with half up front. So that is correct.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:47:03 PM by Jaesun »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2015, 03:47:33 AM »
4 of us in party :) but ok :P will continue today  :happy1:

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2015, 07:08:18 AM »
I imagine Jaesun wrote the game on the assumption of a 6-character party (the standard default for FRUA).  Since FRUA itself has no built-in mechanism to determine how many party members exist in your party, it is up to the mod author to guess what the standard party configuration is going to be (and then suggest that number in the documents).  So, you can hardly fault the designer or name something as a "bug" when you aren't playing by the assumed rules.  Just as you can't say "this module is too hard" if you end up losing because you're playing with too small a party, or "this module is too easy" if you generate them at a higher level.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Jaesun

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2015, 10:51:43 AM »
Yeah, sadly there is no Check Party Size function in FRUA (you CAN in Dungeon Craft). The module and story were written as if you have a party of six.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2015, 03:13:00 PM »
Never mind it. There is a nice adventure ahead ;) equipped my characters now it seems it is time for action :D I am hoping that it will be interesting.

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2015, 03:14:05 PM »
(A) Milos: why not play with six party members? Surely the game is going to be too hard with only four?
(B) Jaesun: I totally agree with Ben that a FRUA designer is entitled to suggest using six characters and to assume that players will do this, but since FRUA lets players proceed with less characters, that is something you might keep in mind and facilitate fairly easily by, say, having the payment offered as a lump sum rather than $X per character.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2015, 03:19:51 PM »
Somehow my ideal adventuring number is 4 :) that is why I play it that way. 6 is more and though party will be stronger I will give it a try with 4 for now because I would like to have 4 party members in table top I guess in FRUA too :D

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 05:19:59 PM »
Whatever is fun for you. Just realize that most designers (myself included) build these games with six characters in mind.

Offline hans

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2015, 07:20:34 PM »
I'll fill up my party to a full six, unless I see instructions not to.  But if a designer wants to limit party size to less than six, I'd prefer they hack the Ckit to set the limit lower.  It's not too difficult to do, as I remember.  I've done it before, myself, as have other authors.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2015, 01:02:59 AM »
I will try to see if I can make it :) I made a typical adventuring all human party: fighter, thief, cleric and wizard. If I can't make it I will try again. Btw is there a way to set a shortcut for screenshot in Dosbox and change it from Ctrl+F5 to something easier?

Now spoilers and what I have done so far:

I have entered the castle, fought 4 goblins, my cleric is down and I was looking for a place to rest and heal, it seems I will  be able to after talking to some merchant travelers.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2015, 01:15:52 AM »
I still don't know much about FRUA but thanks for info about Ckit. I might try doing that one day.

To be honest party of four is because it is less work about characters. I like my characters to be detailed when playing and not just names with stats. For example this is Mystara and I don't know much about that setting but I surely would like to know details for background of my characters because I like to RP while playing or at least have that feel.

While making DC modules I was thinking about making a module just for one character and detailed NPCs would join. Like it is done in Baldur's Gate for example. That is my idea of serious Role Playing. For example here I would like to make a detailed Mystaran character with background that include at least mention of diety and hometown, then outfit him. It is hard to do for 4 characters and 6 even harder. That is why I am just trying to do 4 characters for now :).

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2015, 01:28:48 AM »
Btw is there a way to set a shortcut for screenshot in Dosbox and change it from Ctrl+F5 to something easier?

PrtScr
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2015, 03:02:23 AM »
No that doesn't work like Ctrl+F5 when DosBox saves Screencaps to folder DosBox capture in .png files, it probably saves screencap only in memory.

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2015, 10:06:18 AM »
Press CTRL-F1 and remap the function to another key combination.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2015, 03:55:29 PM »
Thank You, it solved the problem :).

I was playing this module but it seems I am having a problem, started thread about it here http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3025.0

anything