Poll

What wall format should be used for the default art of all three resolutions?

Standard (FRUA layout)
1 (10%)
Hyper (created by Dinonykos)
0 (0%)
Hyper with thumbnails
7 (70%)
something else - will explain in message
1 (10%)
don't care
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Wall format for the default art  (Read 1921 times)

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Re: Wall format for the default art
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 07:50:06 PM »
Okay, who voted for "something else" but hasn't explained what they mean? ;)

I CONFESS! that was me. I did explain my thoughts on this, but did not tell you it was me.
So what is the something else?

my something else was that we should have an explanation as to where file-types go. IMHO the hyper walls do look better.

ST
ps EDIT for clarity
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 08:03:18 PM by SilentThief »

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »
Okay, who voted for "something else" but hasn't explained what they mean? ;)

I CONFESS! that was me. I did explain my thoughts on this, but did not tell you it was me.
So what is the something else?

my something else was that we should have an explanation as to where file-types go. IMHO the hyper walls do look better.

ST
ps EDIT for clarity

What do you mean by where they go? Do you mean something like, "all graphics files go in the Resources folder" ...or... "wall_XXX and wall_XXX_thumb are used in the wall editor"? ;)

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 01:59:59 PM »
Do you think it will be confusing for new users to have "wall_GreyStone.png" and "wall_GreyStone_thumb.png" in their Resources directory? I can try to explain somewhere, file manifest perhaps, what the files do.

I think that you might need to include some kind of file (readme?) that explains the directory structure and what files should go where. This suggestion is supposed to be for the people who aren't regulars here at this forum.

ST

ok, exactly what I meant was this: since you have the greystone.png and greystone_thumb.png, that would have a summary/explanation in a file that explains the details of what files are included and also where any new downloaded or created content should go. I wasn't trying to make it more confusing just figured an explanation in a file manifest (like you said in your post) explaining the situation would suffice to answer this. Apparently my special ability of obfuscation overcame your resistance ;)

ST
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:02:04 PM by SilentThief »

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »
Do you think it will be confusing for new users to have "wall_GreyStone.png" and "wall_GreyStone_thumb.png" in their Resources directory? I can try to explain somewhere, file manifest perhaps, what the files do.

I think that you might need to include some kind of file (readme?) that explains the directory structure and what files should go where. This suggestion is supposed to be for the people who aren't regulars here at this forum.

ST

ok, exactly what I meant was this: since you have the greystone.png and greystone_thumb.png, that would have a summary/explanation in a file that explains the details of what files are included and also where any new downloaded or created content should go. I wasn't trying to make it more confusing just figured an explanation in a file manifest (like you said in your post) explaining the situation would suffice to answer this. Apparently my special ability of obfuscation overcame your resistance ;)

ST

I thought that is what I said I was doing. ;) Since I was unclear - that's what I'm doing. :D lol

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 06:24:18 PM »
Okay folks, it's official - we are going with hyper walls with thumbnails. :D Thank you everyone for the great feedback.