Author Topic: $5.00  (Read 1015 times)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
$5.00
« on: December 30, 2013, 07:45:10 PM »
According to the website where you download IceBlink, the toolset is $5.00.  That is a great bargain.  Where can I pay my $5.00 for this wonderful deal?  Please tell me, as I feel I am going to get way more than $5.00 worth of enjoyment out of the engine and cannot wait to do my part.   ;D
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline slowdive

Re: $5.00
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 12:15:53 PM »
We don't really have an online store or anything. We have a donate button on the main page for those who wish to use the toolset and want to pay something for it... Not required though, we really just want to play more modules and that is payment enough ;)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 10:20:36 AM »
Fair enough.  I do intend to use the toolset at some point for a project.  Just got a lot of things on my plate at the moment to do more than dabbling.  So, I may go ahead and donate the $5.00 anyway.

EDIT:
I went ahead and donated the $5.00.  Seriously, it's a bargain.  I originally thought that the program and toolset were going to be commercially released anyway, so I was prepared to pay something for it.  At least now I feel like I contributed something!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:29:05 AM by ProphetSword »
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline slowdive

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:16:01 AM »
Thank you very much for the donation! The engine was always intended to be free as that is part of the IceBlink Core Ideas. The idea is that I wanted a toolset and system that allowed module makers the opportunity to sell their adventure modules without all the "Atari" -esque problems. The engine is free so that anyone can play modules for free or the author can sell their module that can be played on the free engine. The toolset is $5 mostly so that those who participated in the kickstarter get something for their support that others will need to pay for. Eventually, the tooset will be free as well since this is transitioning to be a community owned project so the power is in the module author's (community) hands and not some big distributor company like EA or Atari.

So module authors could sell their modules on the web somewhere or even launch a kickstarter to help fund their module creation.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 11:53:20 AM »
Nice and very interesting project. Wish you luck with that, i hope one day i might do something similiar. Till then i will play with IB.

anything