Author Topic: FR 2e HUB: Forgotten Realms, 2nd Edition for Dungeon Craft  (Read 6271 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: FR 2e HUB: Forgotten Realms, 2nd Edition for Dungeon Craft
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 11:46:50 PM »
I think Nol Drek List is good, and I understand that argument of having too many gods, which was one of the main reason why I couldn't run GH, because I didn't know all of them.

I think 7 is good (for start), though yeah evil gods are missing, maybe one or 2 should be included though it is also not needed for start (meaning it would be problem for evil PC to play with good). I am missing maybe Mask and Tymora too beside those and maybe someone else, but I think we need to restrict gods to workable number just to be able to make something and then add to the list later.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:03:12 AM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2016, 01:00:11 PM »
I started with a list of 10, and narrowed it down to 7 by removing:

Mielikki: Goddess of forests, forest creatures, rangers, dryads, autumn. Neutral Good.
Tymora: Goddess of good fortune, skill, victory, adventurers. Chaotic Good.
Tyr: God of justice. Lawful Good.

I felt that Silvanus and Mielikki overlapped a bit, as did Torm and Tyr. I removed Tymora because if you have good fortune after worshiping a Goddess of luck, then it's not luck anymore.

I left out the Evil Gods on purpose. If you want one, I would remove Torm and replace him with one of the following:

Bane: God of hatred, fear, and tyranny. Lawful Evil.
Cyric: God of murder, lies, intrigue, strife, deception, illusion. Chaotic Evil.
Mask: God of thieves, thievery, shadows. Neutral Evil.

I would probably choose Mask, because Bane and Cyric seem novel-specific to me and Bane may or may not be dead.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2016, 01:19:55 PM »
I picked 7 as an arbitrary number. I mentioned I had a top ten, and Cyric, Loviator and Tyr were the three that Nol didn't mention that filled that out. ;) Actually, if I were doing something before the Time of Troubles, my top 10 would be 12 and Cyric would be replaced by the 3 he replaced.

It is all about the Special Abilities. Right now, I have something like 70 specialty priest classes, and each has it's own set of spells, race/gender requirements and add-ons.

I've attached a file showing the "name =" for all of the databases. I have the Crusader, Monk, Mystic and Shaman in separate files right now. I probably need at least 200 more SAs and there are quite a few "class X gains Y ability at level Z" to figure out.

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2016, 01:39:25 PM »
I'm glad to see that you are including Demihuman Deities such as Clangeddin Silverbeard, Garl Glittergold, Moradin, and Yondalla.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2016, 02:32:22 PM »
I'm glad to see that you are including Demihuman Deities such as Clangeddin Silverbeard, Garl Glittergold, Moradin, and Yondalla.

Uatu and I have spent many messages discussing this project over the last several years. It was pretty clear from the start that both of us wanted more demi-human options. Personally I plan on making use of the dwarven and gnomish pantheons in a design. :D

Uatu has provided me with some resources and given me heads up to which source material to look at. If you see that I have missed somebody, let me know who and where to look and I will rectify that.

Here is what I am thinking now... a release with a limited number of specialty priests and a resources release for others to finish a specialty priest they may want to use but that is not included in the limited class release.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2016, 12:54:10 PM »
Okay, updated the first posst. Numbers for spells and special abilities went down. That is not a bad thing, just reflective of the fact that I have officially given up on locating a back-up that dates pre-dates that horrible, terrible, awful hard-drive crash while backing up to external drive that corrupted both.
Spells went way down because while I have a good number of spells in place (more than the default spells database), I didn't have any of the spells assigned to specialty priests or mages. Now I have severl priestly spheres attached to the appropriate folk. But, the main reason the number went down is that in the last three or four years, I have figured out a lot more things about DC and have about 20 more priest spells to add and likely that many wizard spells as well. The SA number went down to reflect that I have more spells yet to do. :D

I am only kind of working on this right now, as I really was looking at stuff for the underwater add-on and it mentioned some differences between 1e and 2e, so I got this out and dusted it off and brought it up to the latest engine/editor. :D

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
2e for Dungeon Craft HUB (formerly the Forgotten Realms, 2e for DC project)
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2017, 02:20:57 PM »
This project is on hold. Maybe indefinitely. There are just too many possible Specialty Priests, and one person, at least this person can not keep it straight even with spreadsheets.

However, I have scaled it back to working on a straight-up 2e conversion. I will include Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Illusionist, Mage, Necromancer, Paladin, Ranger, and Thief as classes, along with all appropriate multi-classes. I am including as many spells as I can - quite a few more than in the default DC release. Quite a few monsters above what you now get (all of those add-ons for 1e...I will be including the 2e version of some of them, mostly extra-planar monsters). There will be more items than you have ever seen in a release, including a lot of monster spell-caster items.
The races will be Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Halfling and Human, with NPC races for many monster types (dragons, giants, etc.), including the demi-human races of Duergar and Drow.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2017, 07:35:30 AM »
Cool, well I have to say that I am interested in this and would like to help. I had all books for FR for speciality priests (Faiths & Avatars and Powers and Pantheons, didn't have Demihuman Deities) and I liked how it worked but yes it is a bit complex I mean even for playing at tabletop.

I will keep trying to do things better and will try to make some mods for GH and FR in the future probably too :). I was thinking how could be done that one generic module like for example Keep on the Borderlands could be adapted easy for many Ad&d worlds like for example GH, FR, DL, Rl ect in DC.

anything