Author Topic: Goldbox Wallset Conversions  (Read 3270 times)

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
Goldbox Wallset Conversions
« on: May 26, 2013, 09:35:02 PM »
This is Secret of the Silver Blades wallset 3. One wall looks the same, and two look similar, to the EGA Ice Cave (ega.zip) by hans. It has 10 walls total.

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: Goldbox Wallset Conversions
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 04:02:33 AM »
They look nice :), i will have to do some FRUA modding :) too.

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 04:09:31 AM »
Nice.  :thumbsup:
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 09:19:59 AM »

GoldBoxFan--These are FABULOUS!

To the best of my knowledge these (especially the one with the faces) have never appeared for FRUA before.  I've wanted to use these ever since I first played SotSB!

Thanks!!!

;D

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 11:36:53 AM »

GoldBoxFan--These are FABULOUS!

To the best of my knowledge these (especially the one with the faces) have never appeared for FRUA before.  I've wanted to use these ever since I first played SotSB!

Thanks!!!

;D
If there are any others you wanted converted let me know. I'm trying to pick ones that haven't been converted or interest me. There are 149 wallsets, not including Dark Queen of Krynn, but including both Buck Rogers. Many are the exact same wallsets so the actual total should be around 100. I've done all 37 neverwinter nights wallsets, which include ALL the curse of the azure bonds and ALL the gateway to the savage frontier wallsets. I have also done all the Buck Rogers wallsets except I missed 2 complete walls, and didn't have some angles for other walls (I built them from the 8x8ds). I'll be fixing these soon.

That leaves Treasure, 3 of the 4 moonsea games, and the 3 krynns. I have no DQOK screenshots. I may try to play that this summer.

This is Secret of the Silver Blades wallset 19. All five barely fit into one wallset at 40K, but two 8x8s are wrong, so I redid the wallset in two parts so they can all be seen correctly. NOTE: There are individual pixel holes going down the left sides of the walls that are transparent. Weird colors can poke through.

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 01:48:48 PM »

Thanks for these, too! 

I'd completely forgotten about these...and would have been surprised when I stumbled across them...I need to get back to Secret of the Silver Blades and play through it again...it's been too long!

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 08:36:24 PM »
Here are the fixed Jupiter Lab/School walls and the fixed Live Ship Brain from Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed:

The 37 Neverwinter Nights Offline wallsets are here: http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=2344.0

The Buck Rogers wallsets are here: http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=1101.15

I also uploaded all the wallsets in ping form at http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/art/g/gbewalls.zip.

NOTE: Most of the goldbox games have no backdrop files except day and night.

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 02:10:31 PM »
Secret of the Silver Blades wallset 21 - various wooden walls. 14 walls total. Some of the walls had different long range 10th 8x8. Decided to make the wallset together instead of trying to get correct 8x8 in 6 different TLBs.

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 02:12:33 PM »
Secret 21 wallset different version. Exchange second wall in 1st and 3rd TLBs. 2nd TLB same as above.

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
Secret 7 wallset and single wall. The 5th wall of the first TLB doesn't have the correct far range front or side walls, so it was listed again separately. First using of marainein's wallset overlay program.

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 11:28:17 AM »
Secret of the Silver Blades wallset 13 - bluish-tinged crumbling walls. 10 walls total.

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 11:33:30 AM »
Secret of the Silver Blades wallset 10 - Cemetery and crypts. Had to be divided into 5 parts to get it all with the right far range view (green wall, marble wall, gate, headstone). There are two headstone walls in case one does not correctly overlay the other.

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 11:34:42 AM »
Continuation SOTSB wallset 10.

Offline hans

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 02:30:19 PM »
The grassy-weeds behind the tombstones looks interesting.  I don't recall there being an EGA backdrop with such weeds.  If such doesn't exist, it might be worth creating one along these lines for prospective, future EGA mods. 

BTW, to remind folks, I created an all-EGA-art FRUA mod (EGA.zip -- "Kill the Heroes of Phlan"), which was very fun to do.  So many of these old GoldBox wallsets, previewed here, would look great for future such mods.  I really do hope we have some authors who will consider trying their hands at such retro-looking blasts-from-the-past all-EGA designs...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:32:58 PM by hans »

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 02:45:19 PM »
I've tried my hand at two different EGA mods so far.  Neither one of them has come to fruition, but that's more due to the fact that I have a ton of other things going on.  But, the point of my telling everyone this is that it felt really good to work in EGA and it gives a real "Gold-Box" feel for those who want to pursue it.

LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

anything