Author Topic: Milos Gulan's DC Art Resources  (Read 5864 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: My creations :)
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »
Redoing my old art :))

New

and old

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 04:55:48 PM »
My new picture :) Guild leader. It seems I am starting this again.  :laughing6:

There is lots to be done but good thing is that I have story and I will have to tell it trough the game. I hope I will be able to do it and not to give up as I wish to do it good and still not to take me too long.

Offline bravedogbfg

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 07:53:46 PM »
OMG, please don't be offended, but your guild leader looks like he is about to give me a lap dance.  :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 03:36:28 AM »
Yeah maybe :) but it could be worse  :glasses13: Anyway we got a guildleader now in the game, maybe he will get better who knows :icon_sunny: Now we need lot more pics :occasion1:

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 04:00:54 PM »
Just one of my latest creations, i am working on new set of those guys i already made but for higher resolutions. I have done 2 and 1/2 of sprites and i will have to do portraits. Now i am seriously thinking to start working on some usual fantasy figures, but i will probably need a bit more skill for that. still i will try after i finish with this. Here it is just one pic fro 800 square resolution.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 05:24:14 PM »
The characters you show here and in the other threads look good. And of course, they arouse curiosity concerning the setting of your adventures.

But in the current state, I miss some individuality - three of them even are in the same pose, as far as I can tell. I have almost no experience with 3d graphic tools, but I assume the great problem is to make the characters look less static and more lively. Some skin texture would help, perhaps.

Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 04:30:53 AM »
Yes they are in ready pose :) i plan to attach weapons and shield when needed. But it might be harder to actualy do it, as they need to be transformed to walls, then also weapons and shields. But that was the plan. I planed first for only sprite, but that will actualy need second layer like walls and doors which DC still doesn't have, it could also go for small pic.

Also i could make them work with different pose but then will not be usable for weapons, also i need to figure out how to make them on the same place which i think didn't for 1st 2 characters but now i think i figured it. They probably will have more poses like walking, sitting ect, if i get into this :D and probably will use humanlike character from now on. Anyway it is a bit harder but it is workable, and i expect to do some furniture too, hoping to do all 6 versions, though those higher resolutions will be heavy for download if i continue like this :) still i might be able to make nice looking mods maybe after some practice.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 04:37:33 AM »
Here is 1st portrait btw :) i think those pics all need a bit of postwork but it is hard to do for all 6 resolutions so they need to be really good render at first place, this one has that sash a bit off and i dont know how to correct it.

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 06:22:58 PM »
I don't get why you need to do them for all six resolutions. Just choose one to use to make your game and focus on getting the images for that resolution looking as good as possible. Not many people are going to want to play the same game in six different resolutions.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2013, 03:06:42 AM »
Difficult to answer on that question, you never know what you might need them for. I hope i will make good pics one day and well if i am making them already i wouldn't like to have situation like now that i need a high resolution pic of character i like and that i have only low one. I just think it is much better to do it all 6 if i could make that wider resolutions, i probably would be doing them too.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2013, 08:38:19 AM »
Difficult to answer on that question, you never know what you might need them for. I hope i will make good pics one day and well if i am making them already i wouldn't like to have situation like now that i need a high resolution pic of character i like and that i have only low one. I just think it is much better to do it all 6 if i could make that wider resolutions, i probably would be doing them too.

You owuld do yourself a huge favor if you rendered at something like 1600x1600 and resized as needed...OR, render at the size you need and save the scene, then if you need another size, you reload the scene and re-render. These can save you lots of time and disk space. :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2013, 09:56:26 AM »
Well you are right about 1600 i could do that too, but i have rendered settings saved for all 6 resolutions so it is just easy for me to click on render and save beside i will be needing all 6 of them for sure i hope. And sure i will save scenes so i can redising and use them for later. Ok here is just a quick thing that i did today :) this is armed now ready stance and a portrait too. I think for now i have about 20 figures to do i think around 8 have already icons made and half of them are gnomes, halflings and dwarves, and 2 elves :) well i will try after doing those to do some more serious and hopefuly better renders.

Here it goes something done as planed now i will try doing more:

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2013, 10:07:34 AM »
Well, you should do as you want. :) I still don't understand why you want all 6 resolutions for your designs. I can understand if you were releasing art packs for others to use, but if you release a design, I would be very surprised if people wanted to play it through six times to see the different resolutions.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2013, 11:31:29 AM »
I might realease some art packs eventualy if i get better, i dont plan to do 6 versions of one design for sure, but i plan to use probably same characters in different versions. So it will be better to have all versions, and i am planing to do them and play them, if i am going to play it like i plan too :). Another reason is well if i collect some art from net then different versions could be used depending on the format i found for example this pic could probably work for all square resolutions http://fencingwithink.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/knight-3.jpg and this one can work with all normal resolutions http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/293/4/5/dragon_hurlant_by_rinpoo_chuang.jpg and this one can be used for wider resolutions or as a big pic http://blackmarches.wdfiles.com/local--files/red-dragon-king/RedDragon.jpg

For resolutions what i am thinking now is that 1024 is best but a bit heavy to download probably, also icons are a bit small though still looking good, 800 i think this is maybe best as it is average size and icons are zoomed a bit, and 640 is low to dl and still good to play around with, probably best for some FRUA conversions, so after all there is a good reason to play with all those i think :) though i can't still make that wide one because of wall but i wish i can use it too and maybe have lower resolutions too, but well it is not that important for now.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 11:33:57 AM by Rainbower »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2013, 12:31:48 PM »
Here is halfling pharmacist for 1024 square. Work in progress stage.