Author Topic: Milos Gulan's DC Art Resources  (Read 6331 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Milos Gulan's DC Art Resources
« on: November 01, 2012, 04:59:13 PM »
Here is what I have done :) and next step is to make some icons for combats
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:25:58 AM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Re: My creations :)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 05:14:57 AM »
I generally like the picture.

Just in case you want some critical response :D : The face of the character looks somewhat empty. Maybe this is intended? Furthermore, the pose is a little unclear to me - is the character dodging or afraid? I am not experienced with these 3D tools, so I cannot tell how much work you already invested and how difficult it is to add details... In the current state, it looks nice, but unfinished... If it is only a base for an icon, it is probably sufficient, but if you also plan to use this for a small or big pic, I would add some work.

Would fit nice, by the way, with the art of Manikus...
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 09:46:40 AM »
It is intended and it have some background story about it which I will have to writte, btw good thing about 3d art is that it is easy to form a scene and a character who can be used later at any time and even make a movie now, also some other things. The bad thing is that 3d objects sometimes can be problematic to work with as they doesn't always align perfectly and also problem is to make Your own creations as it is I guess much more complicated (I wish I could know to that good and now I think it is possible too though I know only little) so If You have a character it needs usualy morphs, poses and clothes and weapons which can mostly be found or maybe made which I wish I could do :)

To summ it up it is very easy, and very effective to use 3D art programs though there are limits to it, but for simple things now I think it can't be compared with simple drawing, though Your art Dynionikus is really exceptional and well it is much more rafinied, and I wish I could know to do things like You too :) as probably I will need some enchantments for my simple drawings too and that will be things I will not be able to make with those 3D models I have :).

For now here is what I have, and new thing is that I did a combat icon and it seems from now on I will be able to do more :) It is actualy a new start for Velora and I wan't to make it as original as can be done. Unfortunately that means some things will be changed and it might not be as it was before :)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:49:42 AM by Rainbower »

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:26:19 AM »
For making simpler 3D objects (as in not characters/creatures or anything needing "morphs" or changes in pose), google wings 3D. Tutorials exist on youtube

ST3D

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 12:17:17 PM »
Thanks btw most of those 3d pics can be used for post processing in some good graphic program and then they can be done really nice pictures, but that also takes much more time, but for really good art I guess that is also needed.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »
It seem I am making some progress :) I did this today beside all other things :D More to come.

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 04:09:12 PM »
looking good. I must admit, the green characters have me curious about what your mod is like...

ST the curious

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 04:51:38 PM »
:D I am not really sure it is still in process of making it up.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 10:53:19 AM »
Another one, as soon as I do enough material I will upload it hoping that I might get some feedback and good ideas :) and might update it from time to time.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 04:10:20 PM »

2 more to go and I might start with adventures. This all might be good but for now it might not too :) as I am trying to do something new and original and I am hoping it will improve :D

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 04:40:50 PM »
And here is my hobgoblin looking icons, I guess I am getting better :) though far from really good :) map of the city btw starts to look nice too though I will leave that for later :D

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 05:20:43 PM »
Well I think I made an improvement with my pics :) and that new pics will be much better :) I guess I am starting to like how my pics are turning out finaly :)

I guess there is still place for improvements and I will try to do what I can. Big thanks to ProphetSword and his thread of remaking pics done with 3d rendering software.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 03:55:57 PM »
I think I am mostly spamming here :D

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 04:25:45 PM »
I think I am mostly spamming here :D
Not at all. :D
I love seeing what you and others are working on.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 04:37:29 PM »
Thanks, same here :D