Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights Offline at Rosedragon  (Read 6379 times)

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
Neverwinter Nights Offline at Rosedragon
« on: July 02, 2012, 12:30:02 PM »
Neverwinter Nights the original has been converted and some of the NWN-O hint book as well. I've got the hint book up to 70 pages and counting. For outright cheats go to UANL46:D

NOTE: I had all the non-teleport/transfer/special items encounters at no-kill setting, but changed my mind and reset them all to death. All random encounters are non-lethal if you lose. I had them set to not kill because that is the way they were in the original and a person could get bored with all the fights. However, I realized many tough fights could be avoided without problem. So save a lot.  ;)

Offline Ishad Nha

Re: Neverwinter Nights Offline at Rosedragon
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 07:13:27 PM »
Good work, finally a version of NWN that can be played from beginning to end.

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 09:33:31 PM »
Good work, finally a version of NWN that can be played from beginning to end.
I changed the random encounters for Westbridge, Red Larch and Under Towns to be more dangerous. That version is now uploaded at the same address. :)

Offline vaustein

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 01:03:15 AM »
Thanks GBF, this is great news! (To me, since I just became aware of it  ::) )

Would it be possible to zip the entire contents UANL46? I'd like to have the maps handy just in case but would rather not download every single map individually.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 10:43:19 AM »
Great :) I didn't saw this post before and it is a very cool, I have started playing FRUA NWN but stopped some time ago as my work on DC progressed. Though my work on DC is a bit slowed now I hope I will continue with it soon enough and maybe with playing FRUA and FRUA NWN too :)

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 10:38:19 AM »
Thanks GBF, this is great news! (To me, since I just became aware of it  ::) )

Would it be possible to zip the entire contents UANL46? I'd like to have the maps handy just in case but would rather not download every single map individually.
http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/uanews/uanl46.zip

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 11:38:14 PM »
This is a video of someone playing NWN-O for the first time (the AOL version not GoldBoxFan's FRUA version).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEGKVUzHlGk
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline avjump

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 08:25:00 AM »
I loved your nwn off line, it's amazing, it got the feeling of the original game, now I'm stuck at the gallant prince and harbor after I get out from the 1st exit it gets me out at the 2nd entrance, i go back there at the 2nd entrance right away and start at 0,3 (as the clue book says) then I fall at 0,0  to a similar room without any exit, maybe I can try to fix it changing stuff at the game, if so from where can I learn to hack games :D !

Offline Ishad Nha

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 07:05:35 AM »
As it is a UA scenario you can use the editor part of the game to check what has happened. You will need to learn how to do this...

Offline avjump

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 09:46:46 AM »
thank you, do you know where can i start? anyway i'm going to check a little around here and with the editor :)

Offline Ishad Nha

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 05:31:32 AM »
Start with the supplied documentation. Then check out Rosedragon archives for better help files.

Offline avjump

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 09:55:03 PM »
hello, the situation was that the destination module was set at an entry point with col:0 and row:0, i just set directly col:0 row:7 at place from edit at map/event placement  and fixed the map but I realized that what I wanted to know was, how to cross to the harbor :P. I tried the original nwn game and haven't found the way.

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 11:18:55 AM »
hello, the situation was that the destination module was set at an entry point with col:0 and row:0, i just set directly col:0 row:7 at place from edit at map/event placement  and fixed the map but I realized that what I wanted to know was, how to cross to the harbor :P. I tried the original nwn game and haven't found the way.
I'll have to check that. Was bound to have a bug somewhere.

I think there are three secret rooms with levers to lower the bridge to cross the harbor. I think. Maybe it is only two. I'm fairly certain I tested this and it worked. Been a long time.

EDIT: Did you try this cluebook: http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/misc/nwno-cb.zip
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:23:09 AM by GoldBoxFan »

Offline avjump

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 05:46:54 PM »
long time it seems, (i had lost my password) thank you for the zip with all the maps and the clue book, they helped me finished all the other missions.

the thing is that I can't still access the gallant prince's harbor which is the zone with the blue numbers

, how am I supposed to get there, from where.

note: in the original remake without my hacking, door 12 from port llast map

takes me to the gallant prince (the zone with the red numbers from gallant prince map), but when i go back through door 1 from gallant prince, it takes me out at door 26 from port llast map, then I take back door 26 and takes to room with the numbres 124 or 125 from gallant prince (i don't know because it doesn't allow me to see the map) and teleports 126 and 127 don't work.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:45:04 AM by avjump »

Offline marainein

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 08:30:31 PM »
I like the way that map is formatted. How was it generated?

anything