Author Topic: A Simple But Silly Question  (Read 732 times)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
A Simple But Silly Question
« on: December 05, 2011, 01:24:40 PM »
If the program named changed to "Dungeon Craft" some time ago, why are the directories and programs still called UAFWin and UAFWinEd?  Why haven't they been changed to something like DCWin or DCWinEd or even Dungeon Craft and Dungeon Craft Editor (it's not like you have to keep the DOS 8.3 naming scheme in modern day Windows)?

LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: A Simple But Silly Question
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 02:05:45 PM »
This is not a silly question. :)

Here's the boring answer. ;) When I became Project manager many moons ago, I think right after .912 came out, I asked the same question. Version .913 was ready to go, and I guess it got forgotten. When Tarlanon and I were working towards .914, I brought it up again. He was really gung ho about rebranding DC to be, er, DC and not UAForever any longer. Then we released .914 and he hadn't changed it, and basically fell off the face of the earth as far as I can tell (it's just about time for my semi-annual email to him to try and bring him back. :D ). Then some time went by and Paul came back in on the project and I brought it up again...the answer was pretty much "this is trivial, let's worry about bigger things now" and he was right. So, we've kept using that for testing. But, unless Paul greatly objects for some reason, of if Richard chimes in and says "absolutely not" I do plan on changing this for ther version 1.0 release. :D

This is one of those things that literally every time I look at UAFWin, UAFWinEd, UAF error logs, etc, I think to myself "I can't wait to make that say 'DC' or 'Dungeon Craft'." :D :D :D

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Re: A Simple But Silly Question
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »
Thanks for the answer.  It's not boring.  And, it makes sense.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/