Author Topic: SHUA  (Read 30982 times)

Offline hans

Re: SHUA
« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2016, 02:01:51 PM »
An idea I'd like to do somewhere down the line (perhaps after a SHUA-ized version of Pool of Radiance) is a mod where a team of make-your-own superheroes must travel to a Forgotten Realm's type of dimension.  I think it would be interesting to pit a SHUA team against a roll call of standard UA monsters (with as little fudging their stats and SpecAbs as possible to accommodate transitioning them over to the SHUA Worldhack).

Come to think of it, a full-on SuperHero/ForgottenRealms crossover might be fun...

One complication would be that there are some FRUA monsters who can't be hit by non-magical weapons, and, IIRC, none of the SHUA weapons have any magical plusses.   :violent1:

Offline hans

« Reply #271 on: August 08, 2016, 03:50:39 PM »
Suicide Squad is great (subversive) fun   :happy1:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 07:35:25 PM by hans »

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #272 on: August 14, 2016, 01:20:48 PM »
This site has 17,000 public domain comics available to read online:
http://comicbookplus.com/

Titles include the Black Terror, the Blue Beetle, Bulletman, Catman, Plastic Man, Startling Comics (Captain Future), and Whiz Comics (Captain Marvel).
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Paul R. Stevens

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #273 on: August 14, 2016, 02:55:21 PM »
Wow!  What an effort.

Offline hans

« Reply #274 on: August 14, 2016, 04:09:30 PM »
Thanks, Nol!   :)

Offline hans

« Reply #275 on: August 16, 2016, 03:08:41 PM »
An idea I'd like to do somewhere down the line (perhaps after a SHUA-ized version of Pool of Radiance) is a mod where a team of make-your-own superheroes must travel to a Forgotten Realm's type of dimension.  I think it would be interesting to pit a SHUA team against a roll call of standard UA monsters (with as little fudging their stats and SpecAbs as possible to accommodate transitioning them over to the SHUA Worldhack).

Actually, I'm liking this idea so much that I'm thinking about moving it up, maybe after my in-production SHUA contest mod, and after Rocco Taku's near-finished SHUA project. 

I think it could be a tempting introduction to the SHUA Worldhack for FRUAites who've avoided SHUA, if the core of my design held a serious and respectful storyline about the Realms incorporating some of the GoldBox places and characters. 
 :computer: :icon_profileleft:

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #276 on: August 31, 2016, 02:01:07 PM »

Actually, I'm liking this idea so much that I'm thinking about moving it up, maybe after my in-production SHUA contest mod, and after Rocco Taku's near-finished SHUA project. 

I think it could be a tempting introduction to the SHUA Worldhack for FRUAites who've avoided SHUA, if the core of my design held a serious and respectful storyline about the Realms incorporating some of the GoldBox places and characters. 
 :computer: :icon_profileleft:

I think this sounds like a great idea. This could be taken by the die-hard comic fans as a "What If..." issue of their favorite superhero team. ;)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:15:20 PM by manikus »

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2016, 04:36:45 AM »
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and DC's Legends of Tomorrow both had their season finales this week.   Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. finished their best season yet.  Legends of Tomorrow, in its first (short) season was rife with time paradoxes and self-contradictions, but was still great fun.

Legends of Tomorrow has just started to be broadcasted here. I can to some degree stand the inconsistencies in Flash, because some of the characters still seem to act logically, but when watching the first two episodes of LoT, I had the impression that virtually everybody acted illogically, and even worse, most of the characters seemed to shift there personalities within minutes.

In short, I'd say that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D rather forces the watcher to keep thinking all the time, while LoT cannot be enjoyed if you think too much about it.
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2016, 07:27:53 PM »
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and DC's Legends of Tomorrow both had their season finales this week.   Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. finished their best season yet.  Legends of Tomorrow, in its first (short) season was rife with time paradoxes and self-contradictions, but was still great fun.

Legends of Tomorrow has just started to be broadcasted here. I can to some degree stand the inconsistencies in Flash, because some of the characters still seem to act logically, but when watching the first two episodes of LoT, I had the impression that virtually everybody acted illogically, and even worse, most of the characters seemed to shift there personalities within minutes.

In short, I'd say that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D rather forces the watcher to keep thinking all the time, while LoT cannot be enjoyed if you think too much about it.

I watch LoT mostly for "I've always wanted to see a live action version of that character." ;) If I think about it too much, I would stop watching (which also applies to Gotham and SHIELD).

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #279 on: September 24, 2016, 12:23:34 PM »
Here are some Nedor/Pines heroes that I mocked up using Titan Icon. The costumes aren't exact, but it was the closest I could get using the CoH costume pieces. I'll try scaling them down to Dungeon Craft size, though I'll probably need to use 96 pixels = 6 feet and lose the aspect ratio in order to keep the level of detail I'd like to have. It turns out that actual humans are taller than they are wide (who knew?) so combat icons usually don't scale down nicely into a 48x48 square.

Pyroman
Captian Future
Miss Masque

Offline hans

« Reply #280 on: September 24, 2016, 09:06:36 PM »
Very cool!   :icon_cyclops_ani: 

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #281 on: September 25, 2016, 01:13:38 PM »
The DC combat icons are in the icons thread:

http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=1158.msg43706#msg43706

Offline hans

« Reply #282 on: November 04, 2016, 07:52:29 PM »
Doctor Strange is among Marvel Studio's very best. 

Offline hans

« Reply #284 on: April 05, 2017, 01:52:47 PM »
Legends of Tomorrow finished out their second season in a relatively strong fashion.  This, however, after a season that was, at times, very difficult to watch because of the gross stupidity and boneheadedness of the heroes.  Time after time, despite the gravity of their mission to save reality itself!, they made careless mistakes, took woefully inadequate precautions, reacted dullishly, and then lamely justified their reasons for losing.
 :tongue2:

Indeed, from one point-of-view, you could say that they failed and were the losers in virtually every episode but the final one.  Painfully bad writing.
 :iamwithstupid:

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., on the other hand, is back after a short hiatus, and its writing continues to be exemplary.  The viewer is kept off-balance with one surprise after another, but the characters are admirably quick-thinking, adaptable, and smart. 
 :glasses7: