Author Topic: The Sect - stuck  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Nukedemus

The Sect - stuck
« on: May 22, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »
This is is an insanely great mod! More fun than any Gold Box game I have played (I have not played that many, but still).

Anyway, I am stuck.

I have got to the "Marble Maze" in the temple city, but even after drawing a map of it and running in every possible direction with "SEARCH" on I can not find anything. I expected to find some clues on the demon blade here. But, I then assume that I should return here later instead.

So I go to the "Do Not Enter" house and get teleported to Lord Eschnaton's Castle (I entered here in a different game, that got lost in a reinstall, and that time I just ended up in the woods). I have killed the Lord, his warriors, his dragons, and looted his wine barrels. When I interact with the leftmost there is a grinding sound (a wall/door opening?). But nothing seems to change in the castle. And whats worse, I can not get out! The door is locked.

A little hint would be very appreciated!

EDIT: I also can not quite place this in the story. I asked him from some person and then he attacked me.

Thanks for good entertainment.

N.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:09:09 PM by nlundberg »

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
Re: The Sect - stuck
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 12:54:11 AM »
Searching the dungeons of Omec isn't good enough. You have to wall-bump.

You shouldn't be able to fight Lord Eschnaton unless you joined the A.G.O in Hytton. If you asked about Ogilia, you did. The rumbling denotes the toggling of a stairs event (actually it gives or takes a quest) to enable you to reach the dungeons and free Ogilia. Once Ogilia is free, a teleporter she'll tell you about is activated, enabling you to leave.
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 06:31:19 AM »
This is is an insanely great mod! More fun than any Gold Box game I have played (I have not played that many, but still).

Thanks a lot!  :color:

I have got to the "Marble Maze" in the temple city, but even after drawing a map of it and running in every possible direction with "SEARCH" on I can not find anything. I expected to find some clues on the demon blade here. But, I then assume that I should return here later instead.

In the marble maze, look for the lone torch on a wall and bump into it.

I expected more people to get stuck at this part, but luckily you were the only one so far.  ;)

So I go to the "Do Not Enter" house and get teleported to Lord Eschnaton's Castle (I entered here in a different game, that got lost in a reinstall, and that time I just ended up in the woods).

The "Do Not Enter" house takes you to random spots on the map.

I have killed the Lord, his warriors, his dragons, and looted his wine barrels. When I interact with the leftmost there is a grinding sound (a wall/door opening?). But nothing seems to change in the castle. And whats worse, I can not get out! The door is locked.

As nologgie said, look for a wall that has opened. The lever also closes the wall again, so if you have pulled the lever several times, you might have to search twice for the opening.

EDIT: I also can not quite place this in the story. I asked him from some person and then he attacked me.

Baleon from the A.G.O. in Hytton sends you on the quest to find Ogilia. You might have forgotten this, since there are so many side-quests in the game. Taking some notes is always a good idea.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:33:35 AM by Ben J »
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Nukedemus

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 09:34:12 AM »
The "Do Not Enter" house takes you to random spots on the map.
I figured that, but I got surprised when I came to a location other than the overland map.

I'll search castle some more, and then I am out to bump some torches!

Thanks.

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 10:03:31 AM »
Quote from: nlundberg link=topic=1544.msg19443#msg19443
I figured that, but I got surprised when I came to a location other than the overland map.

There are also two or three other spots that the house teleports you to which are not on the overland map. At least one of them might be dangerous to low-level parties, but they can't say they weren't warned. ;)
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline iatus

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 11:41:47 AM »
I think I will hijack this thread if you don't mind....

Playing this excellent mod. Very good job! Once I finish it I intend to write a review (in my poor excuse of english).
The thing is that I have found some strange incident and I am not sure if it is a bug or it is intentional.

**** WARNING SPOILERS **********

I entered the ruined city of Corus, where I found a teleportation gate to some weird place in the west mountains (something related to "Oz" where I have the battle some strange abominations. The thing is, for some reason, my healing spells will not work anymore (not in combat, not outside combat, not even the "Fix" command will do a thing). And it is not only somehing local, once I leave the place and I return to "familiar places" , my healings still will not do anything.[/color]

*********** END SPOILERS

Is this intended to be in that way? If not, could I still win the game without entering in this place?

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 12:13:38 PM »
Hey iatus!

Glad that you like my game! :) Looking forward to reading your thoughts on it.

About your question:

I think the "Experiments" in the cave are spreading disease. Try a "cure disease" spell on your characters, that should bring them back to normal.

Minor spoiler
: The cave under the Western mountains is the old hideout of the wizard Slorptok. It's not required to visit the cave to win the game. However, it provides some interesting additional information about the backstory.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline iatus

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 01:36:44 PM »
Thanks for your quick answer, Ben!

I will try that as soon as I can then.  :D

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 10:19:56 AM »
Tell me if "cure disease" was the right solution. Because if it's not the disease, it could be a bug.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Nukedemus

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 05:09:40 PM »
After a way too long break I picked up The Sect again.

Gonfornio appears at the cave and say the we will be massacred since we do not have the Stone of Mondrin.

I can not find any more side quest to do, and I also went to to the library for info on arcane stuff, but no luck.

An advice or hint would be appreciated!

N.

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 05:37:05 PM »
After the party has left the occupied city of Diolt, Gonfornio advises the party to search the old castle of the wizard Slorptok for clues on how to beat the Sect.

Have you completed this task yet? The castle is one step to the east of Curoc.

Only read this if further hints are needed:

In the castle, you will find a book (Slorptok's diary). Return to Gonfornio's tower with the book.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 05:47:08 PM »
Postscript: I think you've helped me to discover a flaw in the game's logic at this point. If I remember corectly, Gonfornio and the party should first learn about the Stone of Mondrin from Slorptok's diary, but if you go to the final cave without this knowledge, Gonfornio will still mention the stone at the entrance.

This is something I will fix in the updated and spell-checked version.

Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Nukedemus

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Nukedemus

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 10:05:54 AM »
Hi again,

now I am stuck in the forest room with the teleporters. Makes me feel stupid.

A hint is most appreciated!

N.

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »
Um, okay. My turn to feel stupid. Where exactly (or approximately) is the forest room with the teleporters? (Or, where were you before you got there?)
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

anything