Author Topic: Happy birthday  (Read 145 times)

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Happy birthday
« on: April 10, 2018, 03:11:25 PM »
Well, FRUA turned 25 last month. No one seems to have mentioned it. Happy birthday, beloved game!

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Re: Happy birthday
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 06:07:35 AM »
I think everyone should play or create a mod this month as a gift to FRUA.  ;)
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Ray

• Tour The Realm!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 08:51:52 AM »

Holy cow. 

I can't believe I sat down and started Olde Adventures (GameR4, maybe?) twenty-five years ago.  I know I was a lot younger then, but that was more than half my life ago.  I wasn't even twenty-five (or twenty) yet when I did that...

Makes me wonder--does anybody else still have their first FRUA design out there anywhere?

I mean, to be fair, my first design is gone.  But it was just a Damage event with a picture of Bits Of Moander and the message, "Bits of Moander wave at you."

My friend Andy and I played it a dozen times, just watching all our characters DIES.  DIES.  DIES.  DIES.  DIES.  DIES.

Good times...

Offline hans

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 11:52:37 AM »
I think everyone should play or create a mod this month as a gift to FRUA.  ;)

I'm working on two mods which I hope to release this year.  Unfortunately, neither will be finished this month, but I'll start a Preview. 

I will try to play and review any UA mods that get posted this month.   :) 

Happy Birthday, FRUA!   :occasion13:

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 12:54:29 PM »
Makes me wonder--does anybody else still have their first FRUA design out there anywhere?

My first FRUA design was actually released, bugs and all.  It was called "The Road to Armageddon."  I didn't release it until years after some of my better work hit the community, but I put it out there to show how much I'd grown.

I can still remember having all these lofty plans, rushing out to buy FRUA and coming home and loading it up. The next morning I started work on "The Road to Armageddon" after my girlfriend headed off to work.  Spent two weeks of my life with that design.  It may not be great, but it put me on the road to where I am today.

And as far as age goes, I was only 24 when FRUA came out.  So, FRUA is now older than I was when I first used it. Weird.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 03:56:04 AM »
I was 12 when I first saw FRUA. I remember one of my friends showing me this new game he had just bought. He showed me how he had created an "adamantite golem" by editing the default iron golem.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 03:03:04 PM »
FRUA for me is real discovery. I just wish that I have more knowledge and time to work with it. But I will try to do as much as I can in the future because I think it is something really great if not greatest. I have to say that I still have not made any mods with FRUA. I will try to make some for sure, but can't say when. I am focused on DC for now, but should try to do it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 03:15:37 PM by Milos Gulan »

Offline PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 11:59:09 PM »
I started work on "The Road to Armageddon"
it put me on the road to where I am today.

Hmm...

anything