Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights Hub (Original 1991 version)  (Read 33714 times)

Offline Null Null

• Maker of excessively difficult vanilla mods
Re: Neverwinter Nights Hub (Original 1991 version)
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2016, 12:49:41 PM »
OK, question. I downloaded it (as a FRUA module) and used the default party of 8(?), but after clearing the first 3 'easy' dungeons around Neverwinter the rest are much too tough. What gives?

Offline OriginalNWN

« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2016, 12:35:19 PM »
Make sure you have upgraded your weapons and armor. Also if you notice your character's name in pink, it means you ha e enough xps to Level up. Go to the trainer and advance a level. Be sure you have 100 platinum per character per level. I have a 6 person party that can handle the next areas out at level 2 and 3.

Offline OriginalNWN

« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2016, 02:37:34 PM »
Anyone know why i keep getting TP'd back to 0,0 after the mammoth fight in Vilnask?

Offline OriginalNWN

« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2016, 02:39:05 PM »
Also, are there any advantages to fighter class over a paladin or ranger?

Offline hans

« Reply #259 on: February 08, 2016, 10:37:11 PM »
Also, are there any advantages to fighter class over a paladin or ranger?

Fighters advance levels a bit more quickly. 

As to your other questions, you might think about PMing the author if he doesn't answer soon, here.  He may not visit these boards as often as he used to.

Offline OriginalNWN

« Reply #260 on: February 09, 2016, 08:27:29 AM »
Alright, will do.

So if I'm willing to wait on leveling it sounds like I would be better off just going ranger or paladin over fighter.

Offline hans

« Reply #261 on: February 09, 2016, 02:08:56 PM »
...So if I'm willing to wait on leveling it sounds like I would be better off just going ranger or paladin over fighter.

That would be my philosophy.   ;)

Offline OriginalNWN

« Reply #262 on: February 10, 2016, 10:36:12 AM »
OK, question. I downloaded it (as a FRUA module) and used the default party of 8(?), but after clearing the first 3 'easy' dungeons around Neverwinter the rest are much too tough. What gives?

I should also mention that there are plenty of areas near neverwinter that are challenging even for higher level character parties. I just had a near TPK of level 5/6chars in Windycliffs, which is only 2 areas out from neverwinter. General difficulty will get more challenging the further out you get from neverwinter, but that there are also challenging battles near the start.

Check out the western section of Southpoint. Use search to find the secret passage and you will find a fight with a  minotaur and some kobolds. Minotaurs always drop +1 battleaxes, so you can use this to get a couple magic weapons for your melee characters.

Once the whole party has reached level 2. I would start fighting in windycliffs. There are a few higher xp fights there that will help you more easily advance.Once your cleric hits level 3, grab a couple charm snakes to nuke the difficulty of a few of the random battles with pyro snakes. Also, there is a pretty high level fight against all snakes in either windycliffs or port llast that is super easy with charm snakes. Plus yous hould get some +1 leather you can use or sell for easy platinum.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:52:27 PM by OriginalNWN »

Offline OriginalNWN

« Reply #263 on: February 10, 2016, 12:09:04 PM »
Is there a way to run NWN or any FRUA game on a LAN for multiplayer?

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #264 on: February 10, 2016, 08:28:22 PM »
No, and it is unlikely that there ever will be a way to do such a thing.  We don't have the source code for FRUA, for one thng.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline avjump

« Reply #265 on: January 19, 2017, 11:50:30 AM »
does anybody know about goldboxfan, and does anybody know how to cross to the harbor next to the gallant prince? is it from the gallant prince or from port llast and how can i change de chars.dax file from buck rogers countdown to doomsday