Author Topic: Wowsers!  (Read 6767 times)

Offline Rosestar

• Keeper of the Blue Kitten
Re: Wowsers!
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2009, 12:59:14 PM »
This looks better each time you write about it, Donnie. :D

I was just reading through the most recent comments and thinking, "what if you could use a small pic with 24-bit color.?." and then saw the last comment. :)  That would be very cool, indeed.
Now, you've got me thinking further along these lines...what if you could point to a different wall/background/dungeon graphic as well? :) I know you're not pursuing this at this time, but just something to think about.

|sf>I've been thinking of the artwork myself. The shape of a combat dungeon is completely solid, based upon the physical build of the dungeon.  As long as you run the combat to begin at X square, you can run it a hundred times and the walls will still be the same predictable formation. 

The only idea I can muster toward being able to change a combat dungeon on the fly would be if you could temporarily shuffle the drop-in file associated with that dungeon BEFORE FRUA renders the walls of the combat dungeon.  The contents in drop-in combat dungeons always usurp the artwork file found within the combined combat dungeon storage.   Therefore, if the level of FRUA were using drop-in file 3, if there were a way to copy file 3 to an unused slot, then copy file 1 into file 3, FRUA would display file 1. 

The trouble is that you'd have to work the system so that the shift in combat dungeons would be temporary (You'd have to shift them back to their starting location after combat. File 3 would have to return to its original home in place of file 1.) or you would override the combat dungeons that already exist. 
---
Suzanne M. Ferree
  ev322@netzero.net

Offline hans

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2009, 01:10:36 PM »
...what if you could point to a different wall/background/dungeon graphic as well? :)

Sometime back, I started a thread entitled "Combat Dungeon Dreams" in which I mused:

> UA assembles its dungs & wilds using 24x24 pixel art tiles, or squares.  A fight takes place in an area 50 tiles across and 25 tiles up and down.  That's an area of 1200x600 pixels, altogether.  (UA's full screen is 320x200 pixels, in comparison.)   I wish UA had included an option that allowed a user to create a combat map that used the whole 1200x600 area and let the creator pick and choose which tiles on that map would be blocked or slowing to the combatants.  Think of the possibilities...  *sigh*  <    

I didn't think when I wrote that that it might actually be possible, one day, for someone to create a proggie which might do just that, but now, thanks to this thread, a hope has been birthed that such might, one day in the future, come to pass.   :o

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2009, 01:32:32 PM »
Sometime back, I started a thread entitled "Combat Dungeon Dreams" in which I mused:

> UA assembles its dungs & wilds using 24x24 pixel art tiles, or squares.  A fight takes place in an area 50 tiles across and 25 tiles up and down.  That's an area of 1200x600 pixels, altogether.  (UA's full screen is 320x200 pixels, in comparison.)   I wish UA had included an option that allowed a user to create a combat map that used the whole 1200x600 area and let the creator pick and choose which tiles on that map would be blocked or slowing to the combatants.  Think of the possibilities...  *sigh*  <    

I didn't think when I wrote that that it might actually be possible, one day, for someone to create a proggie which might do just that, but now, thanks to this thread, a hope has been birthed that such might, one day in the future, come to pass.   :o

I like this idea very much. :) I will put this on the feature request list for Dungeon Craft, as well as seconding your interest for this program. :D

anything