Author Topic: Realm Site Master List Updated  (Read 290 times)

Offline Ray

• Tour The Realm!
Realm Site Master List Updated
« on: January 08, 2018, 03:11:57 PM »
Hi, all,

It's gotten quiet over the holidays.  This is a very minor update, but I'm anxious to break up the silence a little!

The Master List over at the Realm site has been updated to include the nine mini-adventures included in Adventure 00 (Introduction to The Realm).  These aren't new adventures, but they were previously left off the Master List, pretty much by accident.  And now they're included!

If you're looking for a way to get a few more experience points before you set off on that next major adventure, these are some (hopefully) fun ways to do it!  :D

Happy Adventuring!

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: Realm Site Master List Updated
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 04:16:38 AM »
Thank You! You are right it has gotten a bit quiet and I got a bit lazy :). But Your site is really great, I wish I could have something like that, but I will have lot to learn and work to make something like that http://therealm.flopsyville.com/Menu.htm

I have played Veiled Society and Keep on the Borderlands since summer and have started Horror on the hill but somehow stoped in the middle :) and will have to try to continue it. Now I think I will have to recap my adventuring time in order to make some better plans for future battles :D :angel11:

Ok as I have said I have played FRUA but later I started to play tabletop with my friends during november. I should start DM-ing but we stoped playing. I was thinking to continue my GH campaign and developed 3 paths of adventures for them to choose. Adventures are really nice and interesting and I was thinking about converting all that to DC but finaly after some time I have realized that I don't have enough knowledge to make good GH mod in DC despite my wishes.

I thought for now best would be to do my own mod with knowledge I have. I am shy to ask questions and bother people with things like creating fiery sword so my plan from now on is to learn and don't ask many questions.

My plan is to make one nice place for adventures in my mod, nice large town something like Greyhawk City, but I think I started to big and that is its weakness... and somehow lately I am really low on inspiration, maybe I am just tired. I was thinking maybe small village would do much better and I could concentrate on adventures, but now it is large and unfinished and I guess I will have to deal with it :)

I was also thinking about converting The Realm adventures for DC and I really would like to do something like that :) they are really great and I wish I could do adventures like that. One more thing that happened is that I have recovered my www.DDO.com account after 3 years not playing it and I am trying to get back in the game though my computer is old for that game but for now it is working somehow though slow. I like DDO because it is DD and it just helps me with visualizing things.

And one more thing that happened is that I got very bad flu and was sick and in bed mostly sleeping seven days before New Year. Then my mom got it too and I really had trouble caring for her as she is old and she barely made it trough. Now everything is good and she is recovering but for example our neighbour who was also older died of that flu after 3rd day :(

Now I will try to continue to work on my DC mod and will have to continue to play in The Realm :) Horror on the Hill is waiting for me to finish it...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:22:16 AM by Milos Gulan »

Offline PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 12:38:02 PM »
Good timing, as I am just about to embark on the Western campaign.

BTW, can you confirm that there are no class level caps, only class restrictions?

Offline Ray

• Tour The Realm!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 10:22:51 AM »

Yep, there should be NO level caps. 

The class restrictions are tied to the style of campaign I was running back in the mid-90s...it's hard to believe it's been that long.  I guess in this regard, I didn't die a hero, so I lived long enough to become the villain!

Offline Ray

• Tour The Realm!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 10:28:50 AM »
I'm so glad you and your mother are feeling better, Milos, and I'm very sorry to learn about your neighbor.

Good luck with your own designs--I think there's an appetite for new games. 

I have a few that are laid out and could be made if life would let me, but I don't know when or whether that will be...my current approach is to create a single village.  It's much more manageable than a city, and you just need one of everything, which is all the player really needs, too.  Then, by recycling the same village, players of the whole series can become familiar with its layout and (hopefully) focus on the adventures themselves.

Cities are SO MUCH work to design, and they also require a lot of work from the player to find their way about.  It works well if the adventure IS the city (like the first chapter of NeverWinter Nights, where you have to find the creatures who can cure the plague), but as a base of operations it can feel daunting to design and also to play!

Thank You! You are right it has gotten a bit quiet and I got a bit lazy :). But Your site is really great, I wish I could have something like that, but I will have lot to learn and work to make something like that http://therealm.flopsyville.com/Menu.htm

I have played Veiled Society and Keep on the Borderlands since summer and have started Horror on the hill but somehow stoped in the middle :) and will have to try to continue it. Now I think I will have to recap my adventuring time in order to make some better plans for future battles :D :angel11:

Ok as I have said I have played FRUA but later I started to play tabletop with my friends during november. I should start DM-ing but we stoped playing. I was thinking to continue my GH campaign and developed 3 paths of adventures for them to choose. Adventures are really nice and interesting and I was thinking about converting all that to DC but finaly after some time I have realized that I don't have enough knowledge to make good GH mod in DC despite my wishes.

I thought for now best would be to do my own mod with knowledge I have. I am shy to ask questions and bother people with things like creating fiery sword so my plan from now on is to learn and don't ask many questions.

My plan is to make one nice place for adventures in my mod, nice large town something like Greyhawk City, but I think I started to big and that is its weakness... and somehow lately I am really low on inspiration, maybe I am just tired. I was thinking maybe small village would do much better and I could concentrate on adventures, but now it is large and unfinished and I guess I will have to deal with it :)

I was also thinking about converting The Realm adventures for DC and I really would like to do something like that :) they are really great and I wish I could do adventures like that. One more thing that happened is that I have recovered my www.DDO.com account after 3 years not playing it and I am trying to get back in the game though my computer is old for that game but for now it is working somehow though slow. I like DDO because it is DD and it just helps me with visualizing things.

And one more thing that happened is that I got very bad flu and was sick and in bed mostly sleeping seven days before New Year. Then my mom got it too and I really had trouble caring for her as she is old and she barely made it trough. Now everything is good and she is recovering but for example our neighbour who was also older died of that flu after 3rd day :(

Now I will try to continue to work on my DC mod and will have to continue to play in The Realm :) Horror on the Hill is waiting for me to finish it...

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 03:36:45 PM »
You are right of course. That is my inexperience with FRUA style of DM-ing. But I have seen one really good adventure with big town and maybe few more large town areas. It is called Adventures in Tethyr http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=276.0 and one more with Sigil can't remember the name but was very big and good.

But on the good side I think I have stabilized my mod and that I will be able to work on it more seriously and that results will be better. I have just uploaded new version. I still need experience with programming but now I know what I can do I guess.

For The Realm series I really want to play trough it at least once :) and will continue my adventures. Thanks for Your work, it is really inspiring, I am hoping that I will be able to do things like that one day :coffee2:

anything