Author Topic: PLANNED DESIGN: Friedrich's Fault  (Read 9440 times)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: PLANNED DESIGN: Friedrich's Fault
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2017, 02:01:33 PM »
I think that it is amazing that over 20 years in to the life of FRUA tat there are any people still using it - it says way more about the quality of the community than it does about the software I think.
Actually, DC is quickly approaching the 20 year mark. Yikes!

I have always figure that you and Uatu must have quite a bit of art that we have not seen, because it is for an upcoming project or because it is not finished. I know that I have many, many walls that I have never shared, because I made them with the wall render tool, so they are just things that others could make in a minute or two.

I think even if you miss the deadline, keeping to the spirit of the challenge more than makes up for it. :D

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2017, 05:21:53 AM »
One design will be "The Ambassador's Letter", a 2-level design featuring one of the characters from "Snow Tigress", and the other, "The Outback Ruins", will be a kind of "Indiana Jones" adventure (comprising 4 levels) and a direct sequel to "Rise of the Insectoids".

Since Prophet Sword has suggested to have another One-Week-Challenge later this year, I will postpone "The Outback Ruins" until then (but work on additional art and music, probably) and continue with Friedrich's Fault/Friedrich's Fastnacht and Hide & Seek during the coming months.

Afterwards, I think there are enough Helmetlands prequels and it is finally time to continue with the trilogy of medium-length games I promised in the "Helmetlands" thread (http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=194.330).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:13:48 AM by Dinonykos »
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »
I had hoped to be able to finish Friedrich's Fault until Halloween due to its "halloweenish" background, but I fear that will not work, not enough time for DC these days... :(

Well, maybe I can do it until Xmas.
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2017, 02:46:24 PM »
Your screenshot looks very nice. The color scheme looks more Halloween than Xmas, but just because it is dark, I guess.
We will be happy to play your game regardless ow chiever Holiday it comes out near. ;)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2017, 05:53:05 AM »
It looks great  ;D I am having trouble keeping up with time limits too. But I hope we can finish and play things.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2017, 02:20:02 PM »
Happy Halloween! Below is another screenshot from the design which I think fits well...

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2017, 02:22:25 PM »
Lich looks awesome!

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2017, 03:33:21 PM »
I think so too :)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2018, 03:42:20 PM »
This project has become bigger than I planned in the beginning, because I wanted to incorporate homages to monsters from different games and cultures - and to characters from earlier Friedrich games... :)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2018, 04:02:13 PM »
I am glad that you are still working on this. :D As always, the screenshotslook great.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2018, 06:54:49 AM »
I am glad that you are still working on this. :D

I rarely completely abandon projects, but they may take much more time than planned or turn into a completely different direction.
I am still not sure about the direction of this design, but it will probably be completely free of combat, but feature several riddles and mini games.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2018, 07:47:27 AM »
They really look interesting. I need to start playing those games :) need to learn what I can from them ;D

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2018, 12:24:10 PM »
I am glad that you are still working on this. :D

I rarely completely abandon projects, but they may take much more time than planned or turn into a completely different direction.
I am still not sure about the direction of this design, but it will probably be completely free of combat, but feature several riddles and mini games.

I have a hard time letting go of projects. :) I have many old oness that over the years I have updated the databases for only to have forgotten what my original plan was... (I usually have a text document stating the aim of a design, but yearss going by can make those cryptic)
I continue to be impresssed with your dedication to pojects and the awesome outcomes of those projects.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2018, 04:30:35 PM »
I think I finally have a good concept for this design. The mini games I want to include are a challenge. The Flow Control editor might be very helpful to do classic dice or simple card games...

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2018, 05:13:09 PM »
Nice screenshot. :D

There are a number of dice games you can dowit the Flow Control event and some planning...I had been thinking about a game like Craps that used 3 dice instead of two, or possibly with 8sided dice. :) Actually with the Special graphics function, you can do a game of Yahtzee, but I think figuring it out would be more work than it's worth...

I look forward to seeing the mini-games that you come up with. :)