Author Topic: Shops in DC  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Re: Shops in DC
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 04:50:49 PM »
I understand! Thanks for your patience... :)
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 05:02:14 PM »
I think you could do everything you suggest doing, Nologgie, with quests, but that is stored in the saved game and not the saved characters... There is a feature request up for opening of saved designs from other adventrues.

I haven't tried it, but honestly don't see why if the global data and the databases are the same, why you couldn't just manually copy over a saved game...I may be missing some key concept here, but someone might give it a shot. Oh wait, I just realized that the location would totlally be fubarred - a clever designer could work-around this though, with transfer module events attached tot he utility events that end a game, plus this would ensure that someone had to finish the first adventure in order to be able to bring a saved party into the new adventure from the old.

FRUA, not surprisingly, has the same issues.

An identical end/start point would be pretty easy. Ask the "transfer out?" question, and use a transfer module to send them to a specific map location where the appropriate adjustments are made.

I think the toughest issue is with do-only-once events that are logged per dungeon by event number. If the tracking is the same in DC, using different dungeon numbers would be the easiest work around.

With so many quest variables available, it would be fairly easy to keep those you want and zero out the rest.
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
I honestly don't know how DC keeps track of the do once events, but I thinks it's by an item index that not only has location/level/type of event, but also an id number. So, I don't think this should be an issue, but using quests would work since we have several million to play with. :)