Author Topic: EGA Xtras  (Read 1984 times)

Offline hans

EGA Xtras
« on: June 27, 2009, 07:51:06 PM »
Hi, everybody! 

My EGA mod is being playtested, and I hope it won't be too many more days until it's ready for release. 

When I do release it, I figure to include a couple of ega combat dungeons that I did, but didn't have room for in this mod, simply as *.pcx files.  Just as a little extra, instead of ULing them as a separate art pack. 

These are them, below.  You might remember the old wallsets that I created them for.

(click to enlarge) 

Offline Rosestar

• Keeper of the Blue Kitten
Re: EGA Xtras
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 08:06:37 PM »
 |sf>Oh! :)  That's what I love to call "Blue Pebble" from Gateway.  You really did an impressive job of showing the details.  That's one of the walls where I 'cut my teeth' when it came to combat dungeons and wallsets. 

I remember the other wallset, but I wouldn't be able to place where it comes from.  I want to say Treasures, but I'm not sure.  It reminds me vaguely of a wall that Harry requested that I convert for a module he worked on quite a few years ago.  I don't remember the module, but I still obviously have the resulting combat dungeon.  I'm sure he's probably finished the module by now, so I presume that I'm not letting the cat out of the bag.

---
Suzanne M. Ferree
  ev322@netzero.net

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »
I love the "Moldy" one.  Reminds me of something from Curse of the Azure Bonds.

I wish I could have had something like this available when I was doing my own version of Pool of Radiance, which also had EGA style artwork.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline hans

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 08:39:20 PM »
Nice work on your Slime Dungeon, Suzanne!   :D

Offline hans

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 08:08:45 PM »
These are some Title screen trial runs I did when first contemplating an EGA mod. 

My first idea would've used the same pre-made party as "Kill the Heroes of Phlan," but in a more epic-sized storyline.  It would've covered the same territories as Curse of the Azure Bonds, featuring many of the same NPCs.  The name of that unmade mod would've been "Harem of 7." 

As an EGA mod was going to be a radical departure from a typical hans mod, I thought I might use a pseudonym.  I hadn't come up with Rocco Taku as pen name, yet, so I was contemplating using either "ega ace" or "ega agent."  Eventually, I scrapped the first story for a shorter one, and was pleased enough with the result to release it as a true hans mod.

These unused titles were experiments with converting Clyde Caldwell paintings into ega, like CAB had done with the Alias+Dragonbait image. 

Offline Donnie Ewald

• Administrator
    • Ego's Abode
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 04:30:39 AM »
So, any chance the "Harem of 7" story ever coming to FRUA fruition?

Offline hans

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 12:56:17 PM »
So, any chance the "Harem of 7" story ever coming to FRUA fruition?

Unlikely, I'm afraid.  There just isn't enough time to do everything with UA that I'd like to do.  I've averaged less than a mod a year since I've joined the community, and none of them have been epics.   :P 

If only I were as prolific as Ray...or an immortal.   ::)

The plot would've had Rathleon's team hiring themselves out as kidnappers for Akabar Bel Akash (from CAB).  The title would refer to the 7 women that he requires, like Princess Nacacia, Alias, Olive Ruskettle, and Silk of the Drow.  The adventure would've revisited and further explored the Dalelands of CAB. 

If you check the Art Gallery in "Kill the Heroes of Phlan," you'll see a few pics that were unused in that game, but which I had done during early prep for "Harem of 7."