Author Topic: missing text file?  (Read 933 times)

Offline Zad

Re: missing text file?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 01:22:13 PM »
Okay, I messed up.  I tried to recreate what I did, and realized the original file I used for the texture is shaded around the edges.  Doh!  Sorry.

In addition to which, I can't figure out how to upload an image here.  I know some places won't let you upload from your computer; you have to call in something that's already on the internet somewhere.  Is that the case with Reonis?  If so, I could put a picture up on Google Docs and link to it there.

As far as DC not reading the image, I took another look and noticed that in the wall generator there are two choices for 1024 X 768.  One is "1024 X 768 square."  Should I have used that?  Testing now...  no, that doesn't work either.

Well, one thing all of this has shown me is that I need to read more carefully before I ask for help.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 02:14:12 PM by Zad »

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 02:30:28 PM »
When you are replying to a post or starting a new thread, there is an option below the text box called "Attachments and other options". Click on that and you will see the box to add an attachment. :)

If you are using the new config for the wall generator that I included in that post, you should have 3 for 1024 - regular, square and wide. If you are not using the wide, the walls will not work in a 1024 wide design.

Offline Zad

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 02:53:42 PM »
I created a wallset using the wide format and am still getting the same error message.  However, I have a tired brain and am clearly making mistakes, so I'll let this rest for a while.

Offline Zad

Maybe...
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 08:22:51 PM »
Okay, I've made several walls using the 1024 wide setting.  DC still isn't accepting it.  I thought maybe I had the configuration wrong in DC.  I downloaded the wide-format config.txt again and put it in the data file of my design, so in case I hadn't put it in the right place before, I made sure of it and then tried to load into my design a wallset made in the wide format.  Still got the same dang error message.  I'm doing something wrong for sure, but I just can't figure it out.

Wait a minute.  I just looked at the picture again in the thread "Proof oc Concept: 1024 Wide".  That picture is definitely wider than the one in my editor when I'm set to the 1024 resolution.  When I go to "design resolution changes" I see resolutions for 640, 800, and 1024.  There is no 1024 wide in my DC design resolution changes.  Shouldn't there be?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:34:23 PM by Zad »

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 01:05:44 PM »
The editor viewport will only change size depending on the config, but not shape. It is hard-wired for a 176"211 ratio viewport.

Can you give me a screenshot of the error message?

Offline Zad

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 01:33:23 PM »
Talking with you is so educational, Eric!  Now I know how to do a screenshot on this computer.  And thanks to you, I already know how to post it in this forum.

Let's see if it works...

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 02:15:07 PM »
First, you should go to SourceForge and download the latest package -> 2.77

Now I made this before 2.16, so it should work, but I have redownloaded and tried it all in 2.77 and I do not get any errors.
Let's try using the 2.77 editor and see if that helps.

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 02:45:18 PM »
Just a thought -- if you are having trouble with the full screen wall setup, do you have the config file for this? I think it is a separate download. I don't have it but Manikus should be able to provide the link.

ST the configurist

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 03:46:58 PM »
It is in the same post as the other files. ;)

Offline Zad

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 11:27:00 PM »
I'm downloading 2.77 now.  Yes, I have the wide-screen config.txt file, having downloaded it three times on different days and made sure I had it in the correct folder (data folder for my design).

Oh dear.  I downloaded it, but it won't unzip.  Normally I right-click and get the option to extract everything, but this time it just says choose an app, and I don't have WinZip on this computer.  So... I'll have to get WinZip.  This could take a while because I'm quite frustrated and don't want to deal with it at the moment.

However, I do thank you all for your unfailing kindness and patience.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 12:29:44 PM »
Do you not already have an app to work with .zip files? If you don't, I recommend 7-Zip, which is free and quite good.

Offline Zad

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 01:34:20 PM »
Okay, it's working.  Thank you!

And yeah, turned out I already had WinZip, but for some unknown reason it wouldn't open the 2.77 7z file.  *shrug*  I ended up having to download 2.77 two or three more times, try it, and delete it before it finally worked.  There's still a funny little problem with the wall sets -- the right-hand wall doesn't show up in the game.  Don't know why, but I'll figure it out or work around it somehow.

I hate to bring up another problem, but only slot 2 of the wall selections seems to work, at least 2/3 of the way.  Any other wall slot that I load with a wall of my creation and place in the game, I get a segmented view like looking at the wall file.  It always has a window or a door in it, not placed correctly and not anything that I have loaded.  And the left-side wall of slot 3 says "wall by Manikus" and the left side of slot 4 says "wall by Dionykos."  Any other slots that I load are segmented but don't have anyone's names on them.  I cleared ALL the slots and reloaded them, but they still do that.  What have I done wrong?  I want to point out again that these are walls I have made (well, using textures I found online), so they shouldn't have your name on them, even if I do have the format wrong somehow, which I clearly do.  The format I'm using in the wall generator is 1024 wide, and DC hyper.  Is hyper correct?  I also tried DC standard, which looked even worse.

Okay, I tried loading some of the walls that you offered, Manikus, and got the same segmented thing.

Wall made by Manikus, screenshot of front and left wall:
Wall made by me, screenshot of front and left wall (slot 3):

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:27:45 AM by Zad »

Offline Zad

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2017, 09:38:43 AM »
Here's how it looks when it does work 2/3 of the way.  I used slot 5 for this.  The wall generator settings are:  1024 X 768 wide, DC Hyper, PNG.  I have placed left, front, and right walls.  As you can see, the right wall doesn't show.  If I were to turn right, then it would show.

Offline Zad

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2017, 10:49:47 AM »
After a little more testing:  Slots 3 and 4 belong to Manikus and Dionykos, respectively, and produce the segmented images.  All other slots work 2/3 of the way.  Manikus' has a misplaced window in it, while Dionykos' has a misplaced door.

Offline Paul R. Stevens

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2017, 11:06:04 AM »
We have been fiddling with wall displays in the engine but
I have been neglecting the editor.  There is an outside chance
that the latest editor could fix some problems:

http://dianneandpaul.net/UAF/DungeonCraftEditor_283.7z