Author Topic: Backdrop not scaled/centered  (Read 410 times)

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Backdrop not scaled/centered
« on: February 05, 2017, 03:35:25 PM »
Hello,

I was attempting to set up DC to try some testing of ideas, and I downloaded the "install package from SourceForge...version is 2.17"

Then I grabbed the most recent versions I could find of the editor and engine from here --> http://www.dianneandpaul.net/UAF/
(editor version 266 and engine version 268)

as per the link here --> http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3335.msg46967#msg46967

I put the editor into the location of the old editor in the install package, and when I try to build a module for testing ideas, I get the backdrop put to the lower right hand corner in the editor, not scaled to fit; so that this has a big black border in the left and upper areas. I did not test the game engine yet.

While it is not breaking, was just wondered how to fix (see attachments below)

ST
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 03:37:49 PM by SilentThief »

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
Re: Backdrop not scaled/centered
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 05:11:33 PM »
I suspect you may be using an old or modified version of the config.txt file. In your config file, do you have some lines that look like the following?

VIEWPORT_FRAME = 34,40
VIEWPORT_FRAME_SRC = 0,0,204,239
VIEWPORT_FRAME_OFFSET = 417,-19 //in character view
VIEWPORT_RECT = 48,54,224,265
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 08:04:23 PM »
I am using the config that came with the install package from SourceForge from version 2.17

Is there a newer one? I saw from that link a mention about the config -- but the config file that referenced was for version 2.10 and above, which I thought that version 2.17 would already have.

(if needed, I can give you the exact lines in question like what you gave me)

ST

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 01:46:03 PM »
Is the problem occurring during game play or just in the editor?

There are quite a few things added to the config.txt since 2.17, but they are all "extras" in the sense that not having the lines will not effect game play, but adding th elines allows you to position more things to your liking.

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 05:07:58 PM »
The backdrop in-game is set properly, but strangely enough the x/y and direction facing has moved to the top left corner of the display (I pointed the cursor at it in the attached image).

I added the config.txt that was being used, again from the "install package from SourceForge from version 2.17" for examination as well.

I suspect you may be using an old or modified version of the config.txt file. In your config file, do you have some lines that look like the following?

VIEWPORT_FRAME = 34,40

This is what I got as well (same thing exactly)

VIEWPORT_FRAME = 34,40

Its been a little while since I fired up DC, but this did not happen before. I just recently set up this windows 7 install and have yet to download all the updates, so its possible that I need to download directX update.

ST
PS -- will be downloading the directX and other installs soon,and will let you know if this fixes these issues

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 05:14:09 PM »
Downloading DirectX...what operating system are you using?

Here is the config.txt that is most current. But, I just popped in the one from 2.17 in my current testing design and had none of the issues.

You know what the next step is - make a mini-mod. :D

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 05:34:30 PM »
Laptop has win 7 and Ubuntu Studio

I have Chromebook for connecting to internet, forums/FB, n such. Kind of a pain moving files back n forth from Chromebook to laptop and back, but until I connect the Windows 7 side to internet -- the onboard wireless internet card doesn't have drivers, and my manual installs for this have not fixed. I also have not yet gotten the linux side properly set up,so it is offline as well :p

I downloaded and tried the config file you shared, and it did not fix.  I can make a mini mod. If that doesn't show anything then I will have to try the directX update :(

ST
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:49:44 PM by SilentThief »

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 05:53:20 PM »
Hmmm.

The DirectX that comes with win 7 should be just fine for DC. I can run the latest versions of DC on win XP sr3.

As far as teh drivers go, you should check what your hardware is in the profile and go to that company's web site, at least to start.

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 06:05:18 PM »
I haven't set up a mini-mod in a while so I dunno what if anything I should have trimmed out of this, but it is a brand new mod from when you open up the editor and create and click the "New Design" button, with nothing added except the newer dungeoncraft engine version 268 downloaded from Pauls website (as mentioned in the very first post), and the config file I downloaded just a little bit ago from this thread. The original engine from the sourceforge installer version 217 was renamed dungeoncraft_old and the original config renamed config1

ST

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 06:10:36 PM »
If the above mini-mod works for you without this issue, then I know to update windows. The windows install I have is from windows iso image downloaded a while ago. I don't have an install disk, but I do have a valid windows license which came with the laptop (sticker on the bottom ;) ) but I had to reinstall due to a 3rd party utility breaking the windows install (tried to use a 3rd party defrag and it fragged the entire install, so grabbed my docs off the windows install thanks to linux, and reinstalled)

ST the fraggle

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 06:21:55 PM »
You can update drivers without updating windows. :) I never update windows except for service releases. I do make exceptions if there is a particularly big bug fixed. And, I run a good anti-virus which I do update daily.

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 06:42:21 PM »
Well, way more than you needed in a mini-mod, but it did the trick.

I thought it might be a thing, but it's not that thing. Then I tried my mod, and guess what, it is happening with my mod too.

This is a bona fide bug. :D

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 06:55:05 PM »
Well, way more than you needed in a mini-mod, but it did the trick.

I thought it might be a thing, but it's not that thing. Then I tried my mod, and guess what, it is happening with my mod too.

This is a bona fide bug. :D

hmmm. ok. Well, I am glad that this is not just me. Was figuring to have to connect windows to the internet -- which can take a while to update because of the sheer number of updates that would run...

Finding a squashing bugs is a good thing. But, I will continue testing with or without this odd graphics issue (and update windows sooner or later).

Thanks for looking into this

ST
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:58:59 PM by SilentThief »

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 07:16:06 PM »