Author Topic: Science Fiction Frames and Font  (Read 1144 times)

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Science Fiction Frames and Font
« on: March 15, 2016, 01:08:55 AM »
I was toying with the possibility of doing something science-fiction with FRUA. If I were ever to realise this idea in the form of a module, it would certainly be a long way off. (I am busy in real life and my FRUA/DC projects have a tendency to move very slowly and often stall.)

I did prepare a font for my hypothetical design, and some frame/gen/menu art. The frame is loosely based upon a cycling starfield frame made by Kevin Wyllie back in 2000 (http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/art/f/f-cycle2.zip), with recolouring and a considerable amount of pixel reworking. (My frame does not cycle.)

I'm really happy with the resulting feel.

Since I am, realistically, unlikely to use these myself in a design in the immediate future, I thought perhaps I should release them to the community.

Here is a screen shot showing both the font and the frame in action. The font and the frame art also attached in a zip file.

Offline hans

Re: Science Fiction Frames and Font
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 02:09:08 PM »
These are great, Steve!   :headbang:

I've got to use the font right away, in my upcoming mod (whenever that will be). 

It's such an interesting screencap that I'm sorry it's not actually a mod being previewed...   :(

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 06:20:55 PM »
Thanks hans.

It occurs to me that it might be easier for people to have "drop-in" TLB versions of the frame files which can simply be placed in the design folder and will then be applied by UA Shell. So here it is.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 04:39:56 AM »
It looks good. I am hoping that I will learn to use this things and make some mods for frue too some day.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 03:15:57 AM »
You should upload the files to the UA Archive as well, so they don't get lost and overlooked in the myriads of forum posts and can still be used by future generations!  ;)

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 09:19:12 PM »
Okay, done.