Author Topic: NPC in party event condition  (Read 437 times)

Offline Adam

NPC in party event condition
« on: January 10, 2016, 05:00:41 PM »
As the NPC says event lets the next events happen independent of whether the NPC is in the party or not, I needed an event condition for my NPC heavy module. Brian O'Donnell made this happen in OAUA, but sadly he is no more there to tell us how. Hans provided me with the diff.tbl for OAUA so I went on and cut out parts and tested if the event triggers as it should till I cannot cut away anything more.

So behold, the diff.tbl for "npc in party"! This condition overwrites the "party is detecting invisible" condition, and it is not throughoutly tested, use it with caution!

Usage is a bit cumbersome right now, I failed to fit the SCRIPT.GLB (I think it has to do with the bytelengths and I could not find how to set up the field activation/inactivation). If someone could show me how to do it right, I'd love to amend this one too. Is Darius Whiteheart still available somehow?

So here is what you should do to make it work:

After you updated the CKIT.EXE with the DIFF.TBL, create your event you want to trigger as usual. Overwrite your SCRIPT.GLB in the DISK3 directory with the provided SCRIPT.GLB_oaua file (make a copy first), start FRUA again, select "specified Race is in party" as condition, select the NPC in the npc field, select "NPC in party" or "NPC not in party" as condition, and you are ready (you should probably write back your original SCRIPT.GLB afterwards).

I'll maybe see if I could manage to fix the SCRIPT.GLB, and then maybe hack the "party Has Specab" condition too so you don't lose the option to trigger when detecting invisible...

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Re: NPC in party event condition
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 08:00:46 PM »
Wow. Sounds impressive.

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 03:30:33 AM »
I tested this out today. It seemed to work brilliantly. I managed to create a locked door that will be opened for the party only if the NPC is in the party (and conscious).

And, as a bonus, once I set it up and reverted to my ordinary script.glb, I was able to place further events using the "can see invisible" event trigger and they successfully check for the presence of the same NPC.

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 12:49:01 AM »
Hmmm ... looks like I may have spoken too soon.

While the NPC in party / party sees invisible event trigger seems to be working well, a side effect seems to be that the "nighttime" and "daytime" event triggers are not working: events set to happen only at night, or only during the day, are now triggering as if they were set to "always". Also, some events which are set to "always" don't seem to be triggering correctly.

anything