Author Topic: B9 Castle Caldwell and Beyond - Chapters 1 & 2  (Read 803 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

B9 Castle Caldwell and Beyond - Chapters 1 & 2
« on: May 16, 2015, 03:54:18 PM »
I have cleared the castle but it doesn't let me out. There is only one door that I can't pass and they are magicaly locked and can't be opened. How to finish this? I have passed all around castle and kill all monsters? Need help it seems :)

Offline Jaesun

Re: B9 Castle Caldwell and Beyond - Chapters 1 & 2
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 04:05:00 PM »
I have cleared the castle but it doesn't let me out. There is only one door that I can't pass and they are magicaly locked and can't be opened. How to finish this? I have passed all around castle and kill all monsters? Need help it seems :)

More than likely you have missed a room. Do this: quickly run around and enter into all the rooms. IF you get a detailed description of the room, then you missed that room. Also don't forget the rooms in the 4 corners.

Even playing through this over 20 times, I sometimes missed a room.

If you are 100% positive you have been in every room, and you still can't leave, make a ZIP of JUST your SAVE directory in the module and post it here, and I can take a look.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:20:16 PM by Jaesun »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 03:58:31 AM »
Ok, I have done it :), started clearing every space from right from entrance to left. It seems i missed the room in the centre of the castle to the NE, though I am pretty sure I have been there. As You said when entered it showed me decription of the room (it said that it was empty) and later I have returned to entrance and was able to pass.

Thank You very much, just a good thing that I can continue to play and hoping to finish it this sunday. Very nice till now, my cleric was down at start and had real trouble finding the resting place but later all was good and haven't trouble finishing with 4 party members. Now need to level up after talk with Mr. Caldwell.

Well done, I really wish i know how to do things like this :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 05:05:35 AM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Jaesun

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 08:49:37 AM »
Glad to hear you found the missing room. :)

And I was rather curious, how it was going to go with only 4 party members, but it sounds like you made it.

Be aware though, there is NO resting at all in the 2nd part of the game (until you escape).

Good luck!

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 01:02:06 PM »
Thanks for the tip, just made it to chaper 2. Wonderfuly done adventure and just what I needed short and well done adventure, art is very nice btw.

One question, I managed to level up cleric in town but not the others. Did I made a mistake or it should happen like that?

Offline Jaesun

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 01:10:33 PM »
Thanks for the tip, just made it to chaper 2. Wonderfuly done adventure and just what I needed short and well done adventure, art is very nice btw.

One question, I managed to level up cleric in town but not the others. Did I made a mistake or it should happen like that?

Glad you enjoyed!

And no, you did not miss any training. There is only training for clerics and paladins (at the beginning and end of Chapter 1 in the town). Once you are finished with chapter 2, leave town and go to the world map, and head to the nearest city. There is full training available there.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 01:21:19 PM »
Ok, Thank You. Yes I did very much, just perfect really. I was having trouble continuing NWN and this refreshed my interest in FRUA. Probably will continue tomorrow, and as I said short adventure for few hours really works very good.

anything