Author Topic: Monsters surrender at the beginning of the combat  (Read 935 times)

Offline PetrusOctavianus

Monsters surrender at the beginning of the combat
« on: June 24, 2013, 12:46:43 PM »
Here's a problem I've never encountered before - monsters surrendering before I even damage them.
It's happened twice when playing Dead Swamp Destiny. First time when I was fighting two battles against Lizard Men with no break between.
The other time was against a group of evil fighters. When fighting another, smaller group of evil fighters in a nearby room there is no problem.
I can't see anything wrong in the editor. Morale is 97 and 100 respectively.

Any ideas?
The group of evil fighters is in Dungeon 5, Col 12, Row 3.

EDIT: The first Lizardman fight was against an army of regular Lizardmen and there was nothing unusual about it. In the second fight there was an equal number of Lizardman King who immediately surrendered.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:14:14 PM by PetrusOctavianus »

Offline hans

Re: Monsters surrender at the beginning of the combat
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 02:55:17 PM »
Looks like the individual Monster morales are set very low (actually 0).   :P

I don't know why it would effect only one fight, tho...

Offline PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 05:01:57 PM »
That's what I thought too, but when I changed the morale of all six units to 50, they no longer surrender.
Still, weird that they should instantly start surrendering. And weird that it doesn't happen with the smaller group of enemies next door, who also all have 0 Morale.

Offline hans

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 05:38:41 PM »
I'm no expert on these things, but it causes me to wonder:  Could having a Combat Event with a Morale set to 100 cause a bug carry-over in mods made with the old, unpatched UA v.1...?    ??? 

I wonder if the same combatants would've surrendered so quickly if the Combat Morale was reduced from 100 to the other fight's 97...  Could 100 there be the buggy number...? 

EDIT:   No, I just tried it out.  That's not a bug. 

BTW, I couldn't reproduce the immediate surrender with the evil guys, but could with a fight with Lizardman Kings (tho not with the normal Lizardmen).  As both Lizardmen & their Kings have individual Morales set to 0, I'm thinking it must be a matter of comparing total HP of both sides in a fight.  (There were more Lizardmen in the first fight, than there were Kings in the second.)

I'm guessing now that your party has more combined HP than mine, which is why the difference.  Of course, I've been wrong before...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 05:53:42 PM by hans »

Offline PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 05:48:27 PM »
Actually the 97 morale combat was the second Lizard Man combat, so I don't think that is it. Although I too was thinking about some overflow bug.

I just did the combat against the evil fighter types again, this time changing all their individual morale from 0 to 5. Something even weirder happened. A couple of unwounded Chaos Warriors surrendered in the second round, but not all of them, and the rest of the fighters fought until death.

Offline hans

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 05:58:24 PM »
See my above edit.  My combined HP was 819.

Offline PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 06:04:43 PM »
See my above edit.  My combined HP was 819.

Mine is only 700. Or would have been if my guys were unwounded.

Offline hans

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 06:06:04 PM »
Well, I'm out of ideas.   :P