Author Topic: Milos Gulan's DC Art Resources  (Read 5634 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: My creations :)
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2014, 05:09:56 PM »
Here is something new, i think i am improving and even icon doesn't look that bad it seems. Sprites and portrait are for 640 resolution.

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: My creations :)
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014, 11:15:48 AM »
I have found a nice bovine model so i rendered it, hope it might be useful though i am still missing combat icon.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:19:22 AM by Rainbower »

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: My creations :(
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 12:15:11 PM »
Ok here is my 2nd character from the new series. For the icons i made new version of ranger icon too with some modifications and i think it looks better though i still think it looks a bit dark in comparison to other icons (good looking ones :) ). I only recently noticed that my second icon looks like attacking with shield so i think i will have to correct it too.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:23:28 PM by Rainbower »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2014, 04:02:23 AM »
Cleric, it doesn't looks so good in higher res, but i think icon is done good and it looks great in fight :D I probably will have to do her once more. Then i plan to do one more wizard and that would be it as my plan with 8 characters is a bit too much for now :) so i might do it later. Anyway i think i am getting better with icon making though i really need to read those UANL articles to get it right.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 02:39:59 AM »
I think your characters look quite well, particularly the last one.

How do these 3d-art programs work by the way, are the characters based on already existing models? And what about the items, do you have to do them all by yourself?
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 07:31:44 AM »
Tyvm, i hope they can be even better.

For the programs, answer is yes there are existing models and for the items i just use already made, and there is lots of things to find free. You can change a lot mostly depending on the quality of models, like colours and all other things, for models there are poses, expressions ect and also morphs and you can also fix them manualy. And lots of other things like light, animation, speach integratiion for figures ect. If you want to make something for yourself you have to use other program though or get already made things that you can change to a degree. And all those are just a base for work that needs to be worked on after :) but definitely is a future of 3d art that needs to be followed :D. For example like that icon of yours i like that has that punching effect here, i guess my works too can be improved with that will have to think about that for my icons, like here http://imageshack.us/a/img811/3363/rcsq.png

And definitely i am serious about this, gathering my collections :) will show just an example later after posting what i have done, i think this wizard looks good, icon definitely works good, though he looks a bit still unshaped and like he is from beach but has a nice chinese shirt that looks wizardly :) Here it is:

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:28:43 PM by Rainbower »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 07:54:37 AM »
And here is an example of that bovine i have downloaded before and just rendered because it looked good, here are files that can be downloaded http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree2.htm
And here is more just for info http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree.htm

Good thing is that those models are from 10+ years and now work really good with this newer computers and software

And this is newer models also free that can be downloaded but it is a bit harder to collect those things as they come sometimes with passwords and just there is lots of things to download :) but still looks good, and also there are no problems to use them as they are not complex for relatively new computers. Here it is this is probably how my armors will look like in the future :) if i don't find something better http://freelancecomics.blogspot.com/2011/04/descargas-downloads.html

And for the paid things they can be very nice as they are all set up for use but they still need to be worked with :) and sometimes they are offered for free especialy in Daz3d.com. Here is just latest i found most interesting http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/vendor/DarioFish

Best of all you can make animations easy, though for something really good looking you will need good computer and some time as each picture needs to be rendered separately (and i think one second contains 30 frames so 30 pics and that needs to be procesed). So it can be very helpful tool if you can learn to work with it easy, though there are problems with it too as lots of contents and sometimes not having what you need ect, but in the long run i guess it is all workable, but still those methods used here and explained in UANLS i think are basis for anything else that those things can be added. So i actualy need to learn those too :D so i am actualy just unbeliveably happy i actualy will be able to work those things if everything goes good.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 03:36:39 PM »
All art for 4 characters has been finished, now i probably will be doing questing :). I have done 4 pics for each character and that is for sprites normal standing, standing with weapons, standing turned back (i am having problem with black for girls back pic so i will have to do it again) and portrait pic. Posting portraits and icons :) i think they are passable for game, but they could be much better if i continue to work like this hopefuly, though there are some limits i guess :) with 3d art still, but that probably can be corrected with postowork.

Here it is:

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 07:40:42 PM »
Here is what i have been working on lately, and i made it :D well mostly but it looked much worse before hour or so. It seems like it is really good thing to learn how to do things before you actualy try doing them :( I guess i still have lots to learn.

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: Milos Gulan's DC Art Resources
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2016, 10:29:40 AM »
Ok after some time here is new things I have been working on, maybe they can be useful for others too. There are few lanscapes and one orc character for now:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/84946/gallery/15/2D-Resources/Landscapes-01

http://www.sharecg.com/v/84953/gallery/15/2D-Resources/Orc-01

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2016, 01:39:17 PM »
Had to log in as I wanted to say good work on the artwork, Milos Gulan

Please continue to do these!

ST :D

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2016, 02:53:10 PM »
Thanks, I will try. It is not that easy, but I will try it. Here is one more picture, just a preview on how inn should look like but I still don't have final version for my mod :). Need to have a good inn to start adventuring:)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2016, 11:51:23 AM »
Here is what I have been working on lately, will add more soon

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2016, 03:09:12 PM »
One more sprite and icon, I think they are done ok though there is place for improvement.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2016, 02:24:19 AM »
Looks good. Do you intend to use dark outlines for the sprites? The sprites shown above seem somewhat partly outlined...
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

anything