Author Topic: Serial Mod Title Bigpic Template  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Dragon Eye

Serial Mod Title Bigpic Template
« on: February 09, 2012, 12:34:20 AM »
Does anyone have a template/titleless version of the bigpic that appears in all the serial mods?

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
Re: Serial Mod Title Bigpic Template
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 09:48:49 AM »
Sure. CORHUB has it listed under Miscellaneous Big Pictures --> Logos --> Forgotten Realms. You can get it four places, including July94.zip under forgrelm.pcx. Or Elf.zip under bigp0245.tlb.

Offline Dragon Eye

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 07:15:14 PM »
Thanks, GoldBoxFan!  I've been getting pics from CORHUB pretty regularly, but didn't even think to look for it there.  If it were a snake, it would've bit me.  ;)

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 08:38:18 PM »
There is a lot of stuff not on CORHUB. I made a list of most of it at Galleries of Previous Art Not on CORHUB. And my own 10,000 converted images at GoldBoxFan Art Conversion Previews.

Offline Dragon Eye

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 10:14:21 PM »
Thanks for those links!  I have scoured your recent (like last part of last year) uploads of art to rosedragon, and in fact am using several pics from them in Serial Mod 6.  I've wanted a gallery outside of CORHUB, so I'm definitely going to check out your links.  ;D

Offline Dragon Eye

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 11:15:16 PM »
I'm actually renewing this request.  The Serial Mods all have that logo pic with "Unlimited Adventures Serial Project" written across the top in same style. Does one of the previous serial mod authors have that (with the bottom section left blank)?

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 08:55:08 AM »
I'm actually renewing this request.  The Serial Mods all have that logo pic with "Unlimited Adventures Serial Project" written across the top in same style. Does one of the previous serial mod authors have that (with the bottom section left blank)?
I just loaded the bigpic table and it shows up without extra text under walking forest. Here it is again.

I also checked the PCX version. It is also what you are looking for. Here it is again. You place it in the \art folder and import it.

Offline Dragon Eye

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 06:00:13 PM »
Thank you!

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 06:53:55 AM »
Hey Ben, try the attached pic. I hope it's working for you.

Here's what was needed to create it (you don't need to do this anymore, I just list it so you know how to do it next time):

1. Download TLB2PCX (can be found under PC/Misc, in the UA File Archive).
2. Find out which TLB you want to convert to PCX. I used the imager viewer of Toolbox (in the same archive folder), which is another very useful program for handling graphical hacks. In this case, I took the BIGP0245.TLB from my own Serial03 design.
3. Use TLB2PCX to convert the TLB to PCX (the pic has to be in the same folder as TLB2PCX).
4. Use your favorite graphic tool to load the pic, copy the upper half and paste it in the PCX that GoldBoxFan provided. (I used a combination of the free IrfanView and Windows' own Paint, but any program that you're comfortable with and that's able to keep the 256 color palette would do).
5. Save as 256 color PCX and it should be ready to be imported into UA.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:58:29 AM by Olivier Leroux »

Offline Dragon Eye

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 05:51:28 PM »
Thank you very much, Olivier!

Offline Dragon Eye

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 10:33:35 PM »
Where would be the appropriate section of the forum to post my bigpic and ask for criticisms and suggestions?  Art Reviews and Previews seems to be for art packs.  Would it be better to post them in Module Design Previews?  Or somewhere else?

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 10:55:27 PM »
Bigpics are art. Put it in the art section.

Offline Dragon Eye

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 11:08:35 PM »
Wow, that converter is totally awesome!

anything