Author Topic: Saved Games  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
Saved Games
« on: September 19, 2010, 11:40:33 AM »
DC handles the saved games exactly like FRUA does.

They're named A B C D E F G H I J

And when you press "save", the program never shows which slots are already in use.

Could there be an option to enter individual names for the saved games?
Released designs:

The Sect

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: Saved Games
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 03:58:37 PM »
Boy, tell me about it. :) Actually, if you hit "Load" in the Encamp menu, it will only list the letters actually being used, and I believe it does at the Start menu as well.

This is an issue for after version 1.0, though, as I suspect it might require quite a bit of work to change this.
It's funny that I was just thinking about this during my morning DC session. I'm getting ready to set up a design to test combat with all of the monsters - each getting it's own combat, and I was thinking that it would be very beneficial to be able to have descriptive names for the saved games and to be able to have more than 10, hopefully as many as I wanted to have (and my computer had space for, of course). I don't know if this is on the request list, but I'll check momentarily and added it if needed.

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 04:10:38 PM »
Boy, tell me about it. :) Actually, if you hit "Load" in the Encamp menu, it will only list the letters actually being used, and I believe it does at the Start menu as well.

If you load a game yes, but if you want to save a game you have no indication which slot is already used.

Having more save slots is also a great idea. :)
Released designs:

The Sect

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 04:25:19 PM »

If you load a game yes, but if you want to save a game you have no indication which slot is already used.

Having more save slots is also a great idea. :)

Ah, but you just hit "Load" first, cancel it and then save. :) I know, it's more work than we want, but if you're concerned about overwriting a save, this can help.

Offline Simeon Pilgrim

• simeonpilgrim.com
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 04:43:40 PM »
That or you fanatically remember where your up to... what you're not fanatical about you game playing??

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 05:07:28 PM »
I usually keep track on a pad of paper I keep next to the keyboard. :)